Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    IEIs and SLIs can form strong relationships if they both allow their defences down and truly open up, but the key is maintaining openness with one another. Constructive relationships with the other three in the quadra would take significantly more cognitive effort and understanding. Having admiration for another type's strengths or interests doesn't imply that one can easily find a cooperative or comfortable arrangement with them. NF-types tend to admire practical thinkers who are street-smart but often will find their methods too sharp or limited whereas some of those practical people tend to find NFs too out of touch with reality......

a.k.a. I/O
    I was having lunch with a bunch of guys from work and an SLI guy launched into a story about a woman he met a few weeks earlier. His story was basically about how impractical and delusional she was and how he couldn’t believe that he had to share space on the planet with her, and I suddenly realized that he was talking about an IEI woman whom I know (and like).

To be fair, my SLI ex really likes her IEI hairdresser.
    And while my LSE mother hated her IEI sister with a passion, my SLI father never said a word against her.
    And while the female IEI that I like actually lived with a rich LSE for about six months, he eventually kicked her out, which was very tough on her. I mean, he was a rich ex-Marine living in a beautiful house.

Now, this may give the impression that Delta's opinions of IEI's can go either way, but in reality, what I see is that their opinions go from carefully neutral appreciation at best to outright hatred, and where it is on this spectrum seems to be related to the amount of their mutual exposure.

And while I'm talking about inter-family relationships, I have a group of Alpha relatives who seem like Space Aliens to me. I mean, what do they eat? Do they sleep in pods at night?
    And my SLI son refused to have anything to do with my LSI ex-GF (and she didn't think much of him), although there may have been extenuating circumstances there. He did like the ESI that I briefly dated, and she him. Not that that matters to me, but it does show a trend. He acts weird around my IEE bookkeeper, like he sees something he really wants but is afraid of it.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-30-2019 at 11:58 AM.