Threaded View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default EII and Ni

“So this is how I’m good with Ni but do not put pressure on my LSE husband’s Ni POLR

Yesterday we had to pick up my mil from the airport.

One day before both him and my LSE mil are panicking about flight times and arrival. I double check the airline is still scheduled to fly out at 7:49

On the phone at 3:45 I speak to my husband. I tell him “babe please spend time with Baby when you get home”
    He gets home at 6:00 (I gat home at 5)spends an hour with baby
    He says he’s tired so after an hour decides to nap.
    I am tracking time. At 8:15 I start to wake him up in a gentle way “baby we have to go get mom you should probably get ready to go”
    He’s up at 8:30 feeling rushed and already rushing me. I tell him it’s not good time to leave now please spend half an hour with baby.
    He gets tense and frustrated feeling the constraints of time. I am completely calm and my mind is on the plane. In my mind I am tracking the plane in the air.
    I calm my husband down by confirming that the flight is on time.
    My mind is tracking the airplane movement in the air as he is panicking
    I try to reassure him that by the time we get there it will be perfect timing.
    He really gets panicked and at 9:05 I say it’s time to leave now.
    I am still tracking the movement of the plane and we get to the airport at 10:03 we are 5 minutes early. I tell my husband that she just came out to the terminal and I look at the time it’s 10:07. Perfect we pick her up on time and because of my calmness he is calm too

he wanted to leave half an hour early to be there super early but the major problem with LAX is that airport police will not let you park at the curb to wait for your loved one and my husband will not pay money to park so he would have to drive in circles in very bad traffic for 35 minutes and that would have killed him. Not considering all these details and his own feelings in frustrated situations like heavy traffic and feeling frustrated at pushy/aggressive drivers he didn't also foresee how he would FEEL and what frustrations would arise out of driving around for 35 minutes in circles. That would have made him a very grumpy bear. By waiting for the right time to act (Ni types seem to have their hands on time and details), at least for momentarily I was able to get him to avoid frustrations/act in time/make a smooth transition.”
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-24-2021 at 05:52 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html