Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Caan View Post
    Since the topic has come up, what exactly is so threatening about gays to Christianity? I mean what's so special about "man and woman" anyway? Seems like they have the same problems that gays have with the only benefit that they can have kids. ??
    It can be very tempting to become a moral crusader for the natural order, however you end up defining nature.

Step 1: you decide what is natural and what is not. Or you read a book. Or you ask someone else if you can't be bothered.
    Step 2: defend nature from any who dare disrespect it.
    Step 3: feel good about yourself.

I can't say every Christian / religious person is like that, but I've seen enough people who took it upon themselves to defend the natural order against perceived insults. It's very self-righteous, but I think they do it because it feels good to be in the right.

I must have done it in the past as well. You feel powerful when you defend something, no matter how arbitrary. You also don't get to feel any guilt, because it's selfless.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luk View Post
    It can be very tempting to become a moral crusader for the natural order, however you end up defining nature.

Step 1: you decide what is natural and what is not. Or you read a book. Or you ask someone else if you can't be bothered.
    Step 2: defend nature from any who dare disrespect it.
    Step 3: feel good about yourself.

I can't say every Christian / religious person is like that, but I've seen enough people who took it upon themselves to defend the natural order against perceived insults. It's very self-righteous, but I think they do it because it feels good to be in the right.

I must have done it in the past as well. You feel powerful when you defend something, no matter how arbitrary. You also don't get to feel any guilt, because it's selfless.
    The natural order is incredibly gay, unless Satan is making animals sin when they get it on.