Thread: Let's talk about Homophobia + Aristocracy and Democracy

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why is homosexuality such a terrible sin, but adultery isn't? It has become perfectly acceptable to have sex before marriage. Why can't I have sex with a woman? What's the difference with regards to "sin"? Procreation does not count - we don't just have sex to make babies.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Why is homosexuality such a terrible sin, but adultery isn't? It has become perfectly acceptable to have sex before marriage. Why can't I have sex with a woman? What's the difference with regards to "sin"? Procreation does not count - we don't just have sex to make babies.
    Kim,

While I do respect your beliefs,

There are other groups (Christians for example) that have their own set of standards. They believe marriage is between one man, one woman. That sex is a gift that should happen within the confines of marriage.

You and I aren't any better than people that choose homosexuality, or adultery.... You and I have our own struggles and sin that we deal with.

I'm not saying homosexuality is worse than murder... What I am saying is taking a sin and now all a sudden making it unsinful is what the problem is.

Emotionally, to us humans this may appear unfair because it involves two people loving each other and it isn't directly causing physical harm....I know it sucks, but that's what the truth is (according to the bible) I'm sorry.

But people can do as they please. God allowed free-will, for people to choose whatever they want to do.

However,

The problem lies in forcing people to switch their views.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 06-10-2019 at 07:01 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    Kim,

While I do respect your beliefs,

There are other groups (Christians for example) that have their own set of standards. They believe marriage is between one man, one woman. That sex is a gift that should happen within the confines of marriage.

You and I aren't any better than people that choose homosexuality, or adultery.... You and me have our own struggles and sin that we deal with.

I'm not saying homosexuality is worse than murder... What I am saying is taking a sin and now all a sudden making it unsinful is what the problem is.

Emotionally, to us humans this may appear unfair because it involves two people loving each other and it isn't directly causing physical harm....I know it sucks, but that's what the truth is (according to the bible) I'm sorry.

But people can do as they please.

However,

The problem I'm saying is forcing people that don't support that lifestyle to switch their views.
    Nobody is forced to switch their views. But nobody has a right to deny a group equality because their religion says so. Separation of church and state. What the bible says, does not matter when it comes to legality. And why do you care if being normalized in society? If you are straight, it has nothing to do with you.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Nobody is forced to switch their views. But nobody has a right to deny a group equality because their religion says so. Separation of church and state. What the bible says, does not matter when it comes to legality. And why do you care if being normalized in society? If you are straight, it has nothing to do with you.
    If you did your research there are thousands of examples of the LGBT community forcing the church into doing things they don't believe in.

Ex:

One church doesn't believe a person practicing homosexuality should be able to preach, although they do allow homosexuals in the church and welcome them... Of course, the LGBT spins this as the church being hateful and not being inclusive, protesting and trying to change their doctrine .... The media also partakes in this and thousands of people are now thinking the church is hateful.

Again, what I'm saying is leave the people that disagree alone.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    If you did your research there are thousands of examples of the LGBT community forcing the church into doing things they don't believe in.

Ex:

One church doesn't believe a person practicing homosexuality should be able to preach, although they do allow homosexuals in the church and welcome them... Of course, the LGBT spins this as the church being hateful and not being inclusive, protesting and trying to change their doctrine .... The media also partakes in this and thousands of people are now thinking the church is hateful.

Again, what I'm saying is leave the people that disagree alone.
    So I never understood... when a person is gay, a religion thinks gay is sinful, and they don't believe they are committing any sins.. why still claim to be part of that religion? Why demand that a religion change to include them instead of denouncing that religion entirely? You can't base your truth on false premises and chopping away at a religion doesn't make it any more true.

So what is the goal in asking Christian churches to allow gay priests? It's like asking your favourite meat shop to go vegan.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luk View Post
    So what is the goal in asking Christian churches to allow gay priests? It's like asking your favourite meat shop to go vegan.
    yup. it's frustrating