Thread: Let's talk about Homophobia + Aristocracy and Democracy

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    It's an issue which has been on my mind for a long time. I don't identify as LGBTQI but it has always been interesting for me from a scientific and social point of view.
    From my own observations democratic types are less sensitive about sexual preferences and differences, and the most homophobic people I have met were betas. Not unnecessary to point out that I was born and raised in an Islamic dictatorship, yet from a very young age was OK with such matters.
    I think aristocratic types have more potential for being homophobic.

***might have mentioned it at some point in the past, so excuse me if I'm being repetitive, just making a comeback after a long time away from the forum.
    It depends on the upbringing, not on the sociotype or reinin dichotomy. Socionics is nice and all but useless when people try to apply it to complex matters like homophobia.
    IME most alphas I've met are vegans but that does not mean that alphas are more likely to be vegan. It's a coincidence. Or if I try really hard: a correlation. But not a causation like alpha=>vegan

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    It depends on the upbringing, not on the sociotype or reinin dichotomy. Socionics is nice and all but useless when people try to apply it to complex matters like homophobia.
    IME most alphas I've met are vegans but that does not mean that alphas are more likely to be vegan. It's a coincidence. Or if I try really hard: a correlation. But not a causation like alpha=>vegan
    Mostly this.

Anecdotally, I grew up in a racist, sexist, homophobic place raised by racist, sexist, homophobic parents. They were gamma. I started to realize something was wrong by the time I was 3. I didn’t fit into the town or my family because of my questioning and rejecting the values around me.

As for why I didn’t adopt all the values I was raised with, I think it was

* influence of mass culture, which had largely moved away from these backward ideas
    * avid reading, which means both dealing with facts and developing insight
    * taking things, such as religion, at face value in a search for logic (“love thy neighbor” means every neighbor)
    * going to school with people of color; being a theater nerd with all the fabulous gay friends

My experience with betas is that they will fight about what they think is right or at least will be vocal about it. So if they are homophobic or racist they might not pull punches or be secretive. Therefore you’ll just notice beta homophobes and racists more than the same from other quadras.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    No it doesn't depend on upbringing, my family members were homophobic and I was raised in a society which punishes homosexuality by execution