Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
I have also witnessed numerous examples of these two types arguing hotly over what appeared to be very minor issues. The main points of contention revolved around the ESI's seeming 'faulty' memory and detached, aloof nature, and the ESE's apparent need to be in control and to correct other's recollections.

a.k.a. I/O
This is my relationship with my mother-in-law. It’s just odd because when there are discrepancies of memory I feel the same about her, i.e. she completely forgot things she promised or else asked me something, didn’t listen to my answer, and then responded bizarrely (reflecting the fact that she wasn’t listening). She loves to be in control and I hate being controlled especially by someone I consider not too bright (not a type thing).

Once she was so overbearing I couldn’t take it anymore and snapped at her pointedly and then refused contact for days. Wouldn’t answer her calls, etc. She frantically tried to get in touch and when we eventually spoke she apologized and said she realized she used to treat her sister the same way. Her sister looked like a Filatova ESI so go figure!