I think when it comes the supervisor’s perspective, it’s not just viewing the supervisée as “beneath” them, it’s seeing them fuck up so royally that you want to teach them how to take it the right way. The “beneath” view isn’t condescending, but more like “WHY are you fucking up on something so easy?” It’s a feeling that someone is behind you and you think if you expose them to your lead function that they’ll learn. Except there’s tension arising from the relationship due to the supervisor subjugating the supervisée to their PoLR and that just pisses off/alienate them further. I think the reality is, the supervisée is truly fucking up, which is why they’d likely fight and get all defensive. Ultimately, I’ve concluded this is throwaway because it’s like no resolution in sight that’ll save such a difficult, one-sided relationship (no matter what the circumstances are).

For whatever reason, I attract a lot of LIIs because they think I’m cool and I’m able to clearly “translate” their ideas. I think they’re absolutely brillant, no question about that. But I can’t stand that they’re structureless and don’t apply their intelligence in a tangible way. Somehow, in the process of socializing, I’ll end up saying or doing something that’ll push them to stand up for themselves because their Se is in the gutter. This isn’t a conscious thing. It unfolds naturally and with disastrous results. I’m not malicious and they know I’m not purposely being an asshole to them, but they just can’t seem to grapple with Se and I can’t understand why they don’t ever put their foot down, despite me showing them how. Since I’ve been aware of socionics relations (this year), whenever an LII talks to me online wanting to make a new friend, I make sure to tell them, “Are you sure you want to talk to me because at some point, I’ll probably alienate you. I’m still your supervisor.” They’ve all said yes and they’ve all been alienated. Some of them even blocked me because they felt like I’ve pushed them off the edge. In my purview, I’m gentle. To them, I’ve crossed the line of decency and fairness.