Hybrid View

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    YES LIE-Ni! Sorry, just a little excited to see another person typing this way, because I just have come to realize someone I know very closely is actually LIE-Ni, and I totally recognized this guy as LIE-Ni as well, right away.
    To reply to myself (haha)... Okay so LIE-Ni Harmonizing types can resemble SLI's (their supervisors). I am aware not everyone agrees with DCNH theory but THIS is a real thing. I'll come out and say that I get this knowledge partially from an epiphany I have had about my dad.

A while back I asked people to VI my dad. Sol was sure he was ISTj or ESTp, but IR and just knowing him really ruled that out. I had settled on an introverted sort of ESTj typing but Sol was right IN THAT ESTj(Si) never quite fit..... After studying LIE-Ni's I suddenly realized my dad not only looked like one (as a younger person especially) but fit the criteria. And he too appears to be quiet and mysterious in some ways. When I read that Harmonizing types can resemble their supervisors it all clicked.

Anyway, I VI my dad the same way as your dad @aster: LIE-Ni. Is he a Harmonizing type? Very interesting case.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he a Harmonizing type?
    Honestly, I’m not sure. I think it’s likely, from what I’ve read, but I’m not knowledgeable enough about DCNH to say with any degree of certainty.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To reply to myself (haha)... Okay so LIE-Ni Harmonizing types can resemble SLI's (their supervisors). I am aware not everyone agrees with DCNH theory but THIS is a real thing. I'll come out and say that I get this knowledge partially from an epiphany I have had about my dad.

A while back I asked people to VI my dad. Sol was sure he was ISTj or ESTp, but IR and just knowing him really ruled that out. I had settled on an introverted sort of ESTj typing but Sol was right IN THAT ESTj(Si) never quite fit..... After studying LIE-Ni's I suddenly realized my dad not only looked like one (as a younger person especially) but fit the criteria. And he too appears to be quiet and mysterious in some ways. When I read that Harmonizing types can resemble their supervisors it all clicked.

Anyway, I VI my dad the same way as your dad @aster: LIE-Ni. Is he a Harmonizing type? Very interesting case.
    I don't know Aster's dad's type, just responding concerning Harmonizing LIE. I've only met one H-LIE, but I know him quite well. He is a strange combination of very laid back and super efficient. It's like he has a Te engine full of horsepowers spinning under the hood.

I met him at university. He was getting to know a C-SEE girl at the same time, whom I also knew. We used to hang out all three of us.

Here is a picture of him (click to enlarge):

H-LIE.jpg
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I don't know Aster's dad's type, just responding concerning Harmonizing LIE. I've only met one H-LIE, but I know him quite well. He is a strange combination of very laid back and super efficient. It's like he has a Te engine full of horsepowers spinning under the hood.

I met him at university. He was getting to know a C-SEE girl at the same time, whom I also knew. We used to hang out all three of us.

Here is a picture of him (click to enlarge):

H-LIE.jpg
    This is interesting! That combo as described indeed at least sounds like my dad. He’s either got his “business hat” on or is laid back, jokey and knows how to relax.
    Edit: But his overarching life theme is a very clear vision of creating wealth and providing for his family implemented with expert Te. After my brother’s death especially it is all that keeps him going.

More photos (grabbed from a public profile he has so quality isn’t great but using because they show him in his 30’s on one side and 60’s on the other).

Not sure if there is a resemblance in expression. But he is probably Ni and Harmonizing subtypes.

2834D03A-3CCB-49D6-B76B-7CB387B30175.jpeg