Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also

“I hate that question. I don’t really pay attention to any particular routine, because I don’t pay attention to the details, so everything is kind of a blur. I like rea”

EIE thrive on routine. @golden
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Also

“I hate that question. I don’t really pay attention to any particular routine, because I don’t pay attention to the details, so everything is kind of a blur. I like rea”

I tend to fall into routines because I desperately need them to be functional and happy. I do leave open spaces in a routine.

If OP is very young, and hasn't yet learned how to harness the power of routine, she may not know yet whether this works for her. This is something Ti and Te both can help with--creating better routines, not just routines for the sake thereof. I like to work on a clear, regular schedule, and I like project work with deadlines.

You asked above about details and calendars. I think I am pretty good with details, and I hate when they're overlooked, but if it is a bunch of random administration tasks for hours, I will absolutely lose my mind. So it depends on what kind of details we're talking about. That said, I've actually had to allow myself to get worse at some details over time so that I can be more productive.
    Last edited by golden; 04-08-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I tend to fall into routines because I desperately need them to be functional and happy. I do leave open spaces in a routine.

If OP is very young, and hasn't yet learned how to harness the power of routine, she may not know yet whether this works for her.

You asked above about details and calendars. I think I am pretty good with details, and I hate when they're overlooked, but if it is a bunch of random administration tasks for hours, I will lose my mind. So it depends on what kind of details we're talking about. That said, I've actually had to allow myself to get worse at details over time so that I can be more productive.
    I am not that young. I just have difficulties with highly detailed itineraries. But I definitely do like plans locked down ahead of time and get stressed if there isn't some contingency plans... But a list of itemized things that I need to do everyday feels suffocating (restrictive) and overwhelming. Thanks for the response!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGen View Post
    I am not that young. I just have difficulties with highly detailed itineraries. But I definitely do like plans locked down ahead of time and get stressed if there isn't some contingency plans... But a list of itemized things that I need to do everyday feels suffocating (restrictive) and overwhelming. Thanks for the response!
    And how do you use your Ni?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how do you use your Ni?
    She sees future trends, implications, cause-effect relationships, and how events unfold.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    She sees future trends, implications, cause-effect relationships, and how events unfold.
    I agree with EIE now.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There now you’re EIE
    -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also

Not rote routine... We thrive on people possibilities and carrying out long-term vision so there's need for variety within a confined context. What you are getting at is more ESTj and ISTp.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not rote routine... We thrive on people possibilities and carrying out long-term vision so there's need for variety within a confined context. What you are getting at is more ESTj and ISTp.
    I would agree with some of this, sorry, @Beautiful sky. I like routines that are meaningful, in service of people or principles, maybe just to do something faster or better. But if it's strictly rote, after a while I start to feel very dead inside.

I have to go soon, but I think it's true that the kind of planning and scheduling that, say, an LSE excels at can be too much for me. I tend to plan my time in chunks. Going on vacation with an LSE and having to, for example, leave the glorious, transporting oceanside before I wanted to because we were "on a schedule" he devised very strictly is one of my worst interpersonal memories.

If it's work, I will agree with LSE about probably 3/4 of the approach to scheduling, though. I don't need quite as much rigidity about each task because I'm intuiting my way through a structure, and sometimes I will see that a different timing will work better.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I would agree with some of this, sorry, @Beautiful sky. I like routines that are meaningful, in service of people or principles, maybe just to do something faster or better. But if it's strictly rote, after a while I start to feel very dead inside.
    Why can’t people say it that way from the beginning. Her original post made her sound like she’s not EIE
    -