Thread: Si related question

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Si related question

So my husband had very low vitamin D and took supplements. When we were out shopping he says “I probably should be taking more vitamins.” He comes back to the cart with Vitamin C, D, Calcium and Magnesium Zinc. I am looking at this and knowing him he has this “desire to be healthy” but he’ll forgiven to take them after a day or two. As his wife am I supposed to cater or remind him of his “model of health “ and to take his vitamins everyday? Is this Si Activity?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    So my husband had very low vitamin D and took supplements. When we were out shopping he says “I probably should be taking more vitamins.” He comes back to the cart with Vitamin C, D, Calcium and Magnesium Zinc. I am looking at this and knowing him he has this “desire to be healthy” but he’ll forgiven to take them after a day or two. As his wife am I supposed to cater or remind him of his “model of health “ and to take his vitamins everyday? Is this Si Activity?
    It would be very good of you to do that.

It's not like he's planning to forget them. He's buying them so it would be easier for him to have them. But he'll get carried away and forget.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitamin supplements are good but not all Brands are created equal.

The top spot goes to Usana prodocts but, the are freaking pricey and probably also a pyramid scheme. Even though they are the best for ingrediants in high bio available amounts, still pricey.

There are lists online for that stuff.

Vit D supplements are good. Vit C are good but Vit C is easy to get from food. Calcium amd mag is good for guys over 35 zinc is another good one. Fish oils in a premium form is worth taking as well. Complex Vit Bs are good but you dont really need the high levels you get from supplements. Body builders use Naicin to increase blood flow to extremities. Makes your skin flush bright pink and gives you pins and needles feeling if you take to mich and thats easy to do. Dont fear though it wont kill you and who doesnt like a good rush imarite?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it was me I wouldn’t want anybody reminding me of anything in fact I cant stand delta ‘reminders’ unless the delivery is short and sweet and to the point. Hi Im looking at you LSEs I think if I have to hear more redundant Te information for the 100th time I will gouge my eye balls out. Also looking at you EIIs with the repressed ‘everything’. Its not going to be perfect, get over it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    If it was me I wouldn’t want anybody reminding me of anything in fact I cant stand delta ‘reminders’ unless the delivery is short and sweet and to the point. Hi Im looking at you LSEs I think if I have to hear more redundant Te information for the 100th time I will gouge my eye balls out. Also looking at you EIIs with the repressed ‘everything’. Its not going to be perfect, get over it.
    Book of Proverbs: 12:22 - The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy.
    But did you know that the real J Sparrow was the fourth prime minister of Canada, most well known for negotiating a sea dispute with the US!?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    Book of Proverbs: 12:22 - The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy.
    But did you know that the real J Sparrow was the fourth prime minister of Canada, most well known for negotiating a sea dispute with the US!?

Except Im not lying. Its happened a numbet of times over the years: you guys drone on and on , for clarity (EII eats this right up..more details about what to do, great! More instructions about the same thing, awesome!) and I nod my head and politely listen but inside I die a little and cant wait to get away. I know right whats with him I cant wrap my mind around whats the deal with him. So maybe I am lying when I dont tell you to just shut the fuck up amd get to the point and then let me do it. But we all know what that would do because LSE take everything to heart. Which is where the trustworthy part comes in.

Could be Im not as inerested in logic of actions as I pretend to be.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you got that off your chest.
    The proverb was just the first biblical proverb google gave me, so wasn't really claiming you were lying.
    Have a good day.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    I'm glad you got that off your chest.
    The proverb was just the first biblical proverb google gave me, so wasn't really claiming you were lying.
    Have a good day.

Yeah this is pretty much how it goes with LSE when I am me around them. At any rate this conversation hasn't been personal, its more educational.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Yeah this is pretty much how it goes with LSE when I am me around them. At any rate this conversation hasn't been personal, its more educational.
    *nod and a wink*

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think its a dumb basic bitch thing to take supplements. Society is obsessed with doing this, but its much better to just eat the natural foods that have the vitamins than take the pill for it, ur body will absorb it much better. But if you absolutely need it for something and its too hard in our white trash fast food society to get the natural food that has the vitamin, then they are still helpful I guess. I think they are way over-used tho.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he is really so worried about his vitamin intake, he can discuss it with his doctor, and maybe he should see a nutritionist.

If you think the vitamin regimen is ok but he can’t sustain it and you don’t want to baby him daily, buy a pill organizer and remind him or sit down with him to fill it up weekly.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    If it were me, I would just remind him if he forgets the Vitamin D since he has a real deficiency. Let him worry about the others.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> As his wife am I supposed to cater or remind him of his “model of health “ and to take his vitamins everyday?

try