Thread: Delta Quadra dating problems

Hybrid View

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Socionics is only one piece of the puzzle to see if two people will be compatible for relationships or even merely for interaction. Other factors that are just as important as Socionics: enneagram, instinctual stacking and most importantly non-typology personality characteristics.

So dating someone from your quadra can work wonderfully as Socionics intended if you are at least somewhat compatible with non-Socionics factors too. However, if you aren't then it will prove nearly as problematic as dating outside of your quadra, but for different reasons.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Socionics is only one piece of the puzzle to see if two people will be compatible for relationships or even merely for interaction. Other factors that are just as important as Socionics: enneagram, instinctual stacking and most importantly non-typology personality characteristics.

So dating someone from your quadra can work wonderfully as Socionics intended if you are at least somewhat compatible with non-Socionics factors too. However, if you aren't then it will prove nearly as problematic as dating outside of your quadra, but for different reasons.
    Other factors do certainly weigh heavily in the mix of compatibility.

For example, my ex and I are, respectively, female and male, and we are both heterosexual. Plus, we are about the same height and body type (with previously noted exceptions), earned about the same amount when we got married, have similar world views (the world is being trashed by irresponsible jerks), have similar levels of intelligence and education, and we both like beer. This got us through many years of marriage, even though our sociotypes (LIE and SLI) are a Supervisory relationship, which is generally rated as being #four from the bottom of the compatibility list.

As the Supervisee, I admired her and was happy. Unfortunately, while I was in this state of blissful ignorance she, as my Supervisor, was busy compiling a list of my faults.

However, this in no way invalidates the idea that there are other, equally important pieces of the relationship puzzle.