Hybrid View

TIM
    all of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post

If you consider the group of ESFp-INTj-INTp-ESFj... let's start by thinking what happens with them on a playground. The group has individuals that are highly energetic and dominate the physical space enjoying the physical activity and then you have individuals that just stay back and observe what's happening.

This group leads to the ENFp-ISTj-ISTp-ENFj. As the ESF-types expend their energy they either get tired or hurt. This leads them to have to stop their actions and be frustrated and emotional while the IST-types consider this situation to prove that they were smart to conserve their energy and now as the clever ones they can do whatever they want as the playground is free.

The third group is naturally ENTp-ISFj-ISFp-ENTj. The ENT-types start to find ways to enjoy the inactivity and throw wild ideas. The ISF-types, having run out of ideas start they fall into a routine of boredom and dutiful action, continuing out of momentum.

Finally the fourth group ESTp-INFj-INFp-ESTj. The EST-types start to mobilize on their grand ideas enforcing new actions. The excitement of it all relieves the INF-types from their duties letting them just observe an enjoy the show.
    I have come to a conclusion of my own that these 4-groups were significant before, but from a different approach route:

Each of these groups are "comfortable visitors" to a certain adjacent quadra.

As an example, none of the types from ESFp-INTj-INTp-ESFj are Deltas, but none of them have a PoLR in the Delta quadra. Hence, you could say that the "comfort quadra" of this group is Delta.

The group of comfortable inhabitants of Delta, as such, is extended by these types: ENFp, INFj, ISTp, ESTj and
    ESFp, INTj, INTp, ESFj

This extended group could be considered to be more relevant to real observed situations than the quadras themselves, because quadras attract people who are comfortable in them as much as they attract people who are native to them.

However, "extended comfort quadra" is at the same time a battleground between the types from the "visitors" and much less comfortable to the quadra's native types than the original quadra, due to supervision from the visitors.

In reality I would expect a dynamic along these lines to unfold:
    - a group of native quadra members attracts each other
    - visitors from adjacent quadras to which the quadra is comfortable get attracted as well
    - the group is now less comfortable to the original members
    - the original members find themselves needing to ward off the visitors to make it as good as "the old days"
    - it's possible that the group will choose a side in the battle between opposing visitors and turn into an alliance of two adjacent quadras instead
    Last edited by BasicallyGod; 08-28-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    forsitan mea potentia increvit nimis

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ItsHimTheAnomaly View Post
    I have come to a conclusion of my own that these 4-groups were significant before, but from a different approach route:

Each of these groups are "comfortable visitors" to a certain adjacent quadra.

As an example, none of the types from ESFp-INTj-INTp-ESFj are Deltas, but none of them have a PoLR in the Delta quadra. Hence, you could say that the "comfort quadra" of this group is Delta.

The group of comfortable inhabitants of Delta, as such, is extended by these types: ENFp, INFj, ISTp, ESTj and
    ESFp, INTj, INTp, ESFj

This extended group could be considered to be more relevant to real observed situations than the quadras themselves, because quadras attract people who are comfortable in them as much as they attract people who are native to them.

However, "extended comfort quadra" is at the same time a battleground between the types from the "visitors" and much less comfortable to the quadra's native types than the original quadra, due to supervision from the visitors.

In reality I would expect a dynamic along these lines to unfold:
    - a group of native quadra members attracts each other
    - visitors from adjacent quadras to which the quadra is comfortable get attracted as well
    - the group is now less comfortable to the original members
    - the original members find themselves needing to ward off the visitors to make it as good as "the old days"
    - it's possible that the group will choose a side in the battle between opposing visitors and turn into an alliance of two adjacent quadras instead
    Thank you. That's good insight.
    It's really rare to see text of this quality on this site.
    Before completely signing on to the concept of delta-friendly types though I'd have to point that subtypes are a huge issue in what really happens for any alpha or gamma in a delta environment. That's kind of a part of what you described as the conflict happening though so I guess you thought of that too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    Thank you. That's good insight.
    It's really rare to see text of this quality on this site.
    Before completely signing on to the concept of delta-friendly types though I'd have to point that subtypes are a huge issue in what really happens for any alpha or gamma in a delta environment. That's kind of a part of what you described as the conflict happening though so I guess you thought of that too.
    Do u have any suggestions when u have a group of mixed quadras?

I remembering working for different groups at the same company.

Group 1 i felt like we were on the same page
    Group 2 i felt like things were more disorganized (though still workable)

Would u try to move away to another group, or were there any kind of socionics-related solutions to this

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    Do u have any suggestions when u have a group of mixed quadras?

I remembering working for different groups at the same company.

Group 1 i felt like we were on the same page
    Group 2 i felt like things were more disorganized (though still workable)

Would u try to move away to another group, or were there any kind of socionics-related solutions to this

It's complicated.
    It also depends on what you're trying to do.
    If the job means nothing to you, just befriend whoever you feel like you would most like to work with after you're gone from that job.

If you want to achieve something in that place of work, then it's difficult to find the optimal path. And the optimal path might also be unethical so there's also questions of how far you're willing to go.

Are you willing to purposefully smoke out unwanted individuals to improve the function of the work space?
    Are you willing to change your principles to fit in with a power clique?
    Are you willing to work harder hours than some other maniac just to shine more?
    Understanding socionics is good and all but using socionics at the workplace can lead you into some anti-social/sociopathic acts.

I'll tell you what though. While I was mentoring younger doctors, one of the things I always tried to impress upon them was that they should always look for a place where they feel welcome. That's the place that will help them thrive.