Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half the population has an IQ under 100, and all the smart people are stupid too. Oh no, we're all doomed.

Anyways, plenty of young people are stupid but that's not the real problem. I think the post-WWII generation disproportionately didn't emotionally mature (so no, definitely not all old people) and this is nobody's fault but theirs themselves or it wouldn't be a sort of moral issue (as uncool as that phrase sounds) like it genuinely appears to be. Now everyone who's going to college feels screwed and they just blame it on random "bankers" and "establishment politicians" instead of realizing it's really just the older generation as a group and if they'd grow up more than their parents ever did they'd take power and their parents would be in a home with no money and no healthcare suffering from diseases they wouldn't pay to cover and watching the world turn into an unrecognizable sci-fi world that terrifies them under the influence of their own offspring who didn't stick around to be their slaves in their old age.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Half the population has an IQ under 100, and all the smart people are stupid too. Oh no, we're all doomed.

Anyways, plenty of young people are stupid but that's not the real problem. I think the post-WWII generation disproportionately didn't emotionally mature (so no, definitely not all old people) and this is nobody's fault but theirs themselves or it wouldn't be a sort of moral issue (as uncool as that phrase sounds) like it genuinely appears to be. Now everyone who's going to college feels screwed and they just blame it on random "bankers" and "establishment politicians" instead of realizing it's really just the older generation as a group and if they'd grow up more than their parents ever did they'd take power and their parents would be in a home with no money and no healthcare suffering from diseases they wouldn't pay to cover and watching the world turn into an unrecognizable sci-fi world that terrifies them under the influence of their own offspring who didn't stick around to be their slaves in their old age.
    I've known and worked with many very bright incompetents; they could pass the test but couldn't do the job so I know to what Adam Strange refers. Some of my best engineers were technologists, they couldn't pass a test but were exceptional at engineering. Unfortunately society seems to equate intelligence with education.

A lot of baby boomers did seem to have issues; it could be because they were raised or influenced by people who were greatly affected by war, distrust and hatred; and perhaps that's why some became instruments of change. Unfortunately, a lot of their offspring were never taught to think or fend for themselves. Thanks to the boomers, the Goebbels-like few now have the means to influence the many sheep that have been created. There's now a resurgence of distrust and hatred; perhaps, it'll inspire further change amid all the finger pointing and blame.....

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I've known and worked with many very bright incompetents; they could pass the test but couldn't do the job so I know to what Adam Strange refers. Some of my best engineers were technologists, they couldn't pass a test but were exceptional at engineering. Unfortunately society seems to equate intelligence with education.

A lot of baby boomers did seem to have issues; it could be because they were raised or influenced by people who were greatly affected by war, distrust and hatred; and perhaps that's why some became instruments of change. Unfortunately, a lot of their offspring were never taught to think or fend for themselves. Thanks to the boomers, the Goebbels-like few now have the means to influence the many sheep that have been created. There's now a resurgence of distrust and hatred; perhaps, it'll inspire further change amid all the finger pointing and blame.....

a.k.a. I/O
    I don't think its so much that millennials are ignorant sheep as it is them simply being pissed off at the general state of things and wanting radical change. I will agree though that the boomers/education system did a piss poor job of teaching us skills to operate independently. In fact I'd say the education system has hindered us in that regard by cramming so much meticulous and useless junk down our throats that we are left bitter and hateful towards to the establishment and have no desire to play by it's rules.