TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not Understanding Sarcasm

Hi, everyone.

I've mentioned this before, but I think my IEE (possibly EIE) friend's girlfriend is an LII. However, I'm not so sure if that's the case anymore. Alongside what I learned from the Se PoLR thread, she also has this weird thing where she can't, at all, understand sarcasm. I know LIIs are known for being literal (e.g.
    Mr. or Ms. Literal, who says exactly what (s)he means, and trusts that you will too.
    http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?t..._LII_composite) but since they have strong Ni and intuition in general, they should be able to read between the lines to a degree, no? Sarcasm is a major aspect of my humour and whenever I make a sarcastic remark around her she literally cannot tell and has to clarify with me every time - it's quite funny actually, like a child not understanding a big word that is written.

Besides this, she also has the mentality of, "Run at it with a sword to defend your beliefs" (these are her words, not mine) in that if her core principles are crossed, then she'll immediately begin to defend them, perhaps not physically, though it's possible that she goes to that level. Some descriptions present LII as a revolutionary (notably Reinin and Malysha), though others present them as more level-headed. Most present them as careful individuals who do not act impulsively, which leads me to think that she is not an LII. I don't know if LSIs would act in such a way, but if you have any suggestions let me know.

EDIT: I'm quite certain she's a Ti base type, which is why I'm only considering LII and LSI. If there's reason to think To base is suspect, let me know.
    Last edited by FarDraft; 03-05-2019 at 12:10 AM.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020