Thread: do you think duals have a tougher time than avg getting along?

Threaded View

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default do you think duals have a tougher time than avg getting along?

I mean real duals, not mistyped ones - you'll have to take my word.

I think it can be harder to get along, and I'm not sure, if it's b/c you *don't* understand each other or also b/c you *do*? For instance, I don't intuitively understand their decision making process or how they operate, but I can feel all of their emotions and reactions so I find it hard to not be affected by what they are feeling. And maybe it is that every person carries around all this baggage, but around most ppl it's easier to keep a polite distance, and around your duals the deeper responses that you want to suppress come to the surface? Do you think that if you learn to trust each other over time, this could be a really strong relationship, but if it never gets there encounters may be rockier than usual?

For me specifically I'm compulsively a bit Fi. I say something that I think is completely normal; dual freaks out as if I were trying to hurt them. I had issues with my dual boss (turned out he had a crush on me, however), another ILE at work won't speak to me anymore; he won't even look at me when he holds the door open for me to walk through - I think he thinks I have a crush on him but I don't at all, although I think he's basically attractive; with a dual friend I think she feels criticized by me in emails when I'm actually trying to be perfect *for her* - so I tried to tone it down. But what really made an impression was interactions with a dual I used to date (someone who is stressed), who accused me of trying to emotionally manipulate him, several times, when I thought I was just expressing emotions. I am not saying I am not emotionally difficult sometimes. :/ But after feeling down about myself for a really long time I decided that being emotional, manipulative, is a regular stress response for me, that within boundaries that's "normal"; that logical types can definitely manipulate through logic and lying; and communicating emotions doesn't automatically equal manipulation.

So, what do you think? Do you naturally have empathy for your dual?
    Last edited by lemontrees; 03-03-2019 at 11:23 PM.