Quote Originally Posted by ;7780
I've noticed that when interacting with my dual, ISTP, things are very natural. However, when asked about a question about himself, or something that requires him to let his guard down, I've noticed that he abruptly turns away and looks into the distance and becomes evasive. Is this "normal" ISTP behavior? What are the signs that one can use to detect possible emotions that an ISTP hides?
OMG I am going thru this same exact thing right now with an ISTP! It has to be 'normal' for them. Drives me freakin nuts! From what I gather, they are intimidated by our 'E' to some extent but who the hell knows how to get them over that. I've just backed off...I think letting them come to you is the answer. Yeah, its driving me off the deep end waiting for him to get off his ass and just do it already but I dont think they are very fond of change either so the thought of contemplating 'changes' that might come with a new relationship might scare them too. Now let me say I am new here so I dont know if the 'scared of change' is ISTP or just my ISTP guy but this rings so true to my situation too. I keep thinking he is just textbook "He's Just Not That Into You" but the more I read about ISTP maybe he is but its just his ISTP'ness getting in the way. But he's such a sweet, gentlemanly, adorable, kind, romantic, sensual, sexy, sweetheart that I will just wait let him lead if thats what it takes. (at least for a while...lol)
Teddybeanz