Hybrid View

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Oops, Raver is left leaning...he's no longer in charge of anything. I do like libertarianism, though...main thing I don't like about libertarianism is its resistance towards the initiation of force and making others do things they don't want to do. These things are often necessary and for me a source of enjoyment. Other than that, I like the fact it emphasizes competition, independence and survival of the fittest/natural selection....libertarianism is essentially social Darwinism minus the initiation of force, so congratulations Raver on embracing social Darwinism.
    Haha! Well, I call myself a left leaning libertarian because I consistently score that on 4 axis political tests that measure left/right economics and up/down social issues. On 2 axis political tests, I end up scoring centrist usually because I got a mixture of left and right views. The thing about centrism is it means you have a mix of views that you lean fully left or fully right more often than not rather than the misconception of being in the middle of every issue. In terms of libertarianism, I do think some government is necessary for regulating certain aspects of society and economics, but only what is necessary.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Haha! Well, I call myself a left leaning libertarian because I consistently score that on 4 axis political tests that measure left/right economics and up/down social issues. On 2 axis political tests, I end up scoring centrist usually because I got a mixture of left and right views. The thing about centrism is it means you have a mix of views that you lean fully left or fully right more often than not rather than the misconception of being in the middle of every issue. In terms of libertarianism, I do think some government is necessary for regulating certain aspects of society and economics, but only what is necessary.
    Raver, would you agree that the difference between left-libertarianism and right-libertarianism is in how each views ownership of land, water and natural resources?

Both believe in privatized means of production and markets, but left-libertarians tend to view ownership of land as problematic whereas right-libertarians do not. At least, that's how I understand the difference.

I know you don't like labels too much, which I get but they can sometimes be accurate so I wonder if you feel this describes your views.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Raver, would you agree that the difference between left-libertarianism and right-libertarianism is in how each views ownership of land, water and natural resources?

Both believe in privatized means of production and markets, but left-libertarians tend to view ownership of land as problematic whereas right-libertarians do not. At least, that's how I understand the difference.

I know you don't like labels too much, which I get but they can sometimes be accurate so I wonder if you feel this describes your views.
    To an extent. I think the main difference between the two is that left-libertarians don't mind if there's some government intervention in economics for a variety of reasons such as welfare, health care, etc... even with a privatized means of production and markets. So they would prefer a mixed market economy, but not in the sense of the mixed market economies of today that tend to be largely based on corporate welfare. Where as right-libertarians want the government to stay out of everything including economics so they would prefer the market take care of everything. What they both have in common is that they both want the government to stay out of social issues completely. I'm overgeneralizing a bit, but that's the gist of it roughly.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Forgive me but I couldn't resist.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm more on right but often indulge in eating my own, because let's face it....left, right, up, down, fat, skinny...a douchebag is a douchebag and ought to be thrown through a window like one.