Thread: The Rise of Trumpism

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Trump was a horrible human being before he got into office and he's a horrible human being now that he's President. I'm saying that he's as bad as ******, not that capitalism is militarism. Militarism isn't pure evil and capitalism isn't pure evil (I'd say they aren't evil at all but that just begs a long discussion on what evil is.) Just because all people can imagine is pure evil is militarism doesn't mean your mind should fill in the blanks with good when an evil capitalist rules the most powerful nation in the world. Everybody always goes back to look at what ****** said to see why he was evil, as if evil people didn't just lie all the time and flip-flop around. Now that Trump does that people excuse him as being just really Trumpy... good grief!

Trump's probably more intelligent, just saying. Comedians are really intelligent and they aren't smart enough to avoid making stupid jokes about him all the time and ruining their shows (probably because the networks are sitting there with $$$ like "Trump jokes sell!.") This is the difference between evil capitalism and evil militarism.
    Trump may be a lot more intelligent than people give him credit, but I doubt his IQ is nearly as high as Langan's.

I think the best comedians tend to attack or question ideologies and bad ideas rather than specific individuals (think Carlin). That's the difference between great comedians and your average late night talk show varieties who thrive on ridiculing very specific people and very current topics. With the latter, their comedy is almost immediately dated and often seems less genuine and replete with "cheap shot" jokes.
    Last edited by perpetuus; 02-14-2019 at 12:10 PM.