Thread: Physics - An XNTp subject and other stereotypes...

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Just a thought: I would think that Ni would orient itself in natural sciences through a recognition of core processes repeated throughout the ''system'', to give an overarching perception of the way that the system morphs or progresses within itself. (This would be with Tx support, of course)

I think i read somewhere that ''LII understands and perfects systems'' and ''ILI understands systems evolution over time''.
    Something like that, yeah.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience, MBTI places too much emphasis on the leading extraverted function whereas socionics puts too much emphasis on the dominant function. Even though more emphasis should be placed on the dominant function when considering career prospects, we can't ignore the effects of other functions.

It tends to be the case that ILIs are more engineering-oriented because of Te ego, which manifests as a desire to construct methods to solve real world problems. Moreover, Gulenko says that because of role Si, practical skills are easily taught to ILIs. LIIs are actually more theoretical because of alpha Ti's desire to create a universal abstract structure like mathematics or theoretical physics. Moreover, Ne ego means that LIIs want to consider many unrealistic possibilities whereas Te ego for ILIs leads them to be more grounded. Yes, Ni is abstract, but it's more about how systems play out (like other users have said) rather than developing abstract systems. Whereas an LII is likely to create a new definition for an idea they think is important, an ILI will use existing definitions to solve a problem. LIIs are theory-builders whereas ILIs are problem solvers.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020