Thread: ESIs/ISFjs are not inherently more moral.

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Maverick View Post
    It sounds like it was said in jest. Haven't you ever joked around roughly with people you care about?
    No, I haven’t (and no one has with me either - I’m well I’m playfully mean to my brother sometimes but nothing like this)

If it is said in jest I have a hard time understanding it - it sounds like a disturbed person to me. But I’m missing nonverbal context too

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    No, I haven’t (and no one has with me either - I’m well I’m playfully mean to my brother sometimes but nothing like this)

If it is said in jest I have a hard time understanding it - it sounds like a disturbed person to me, I always see that shit as a major, major red flag. But I’m missing nonverbal context too
    The image orientation bit is what sounds disturbed to me. I wonder where you're from if no one has joked with you like this, either. Hell, coworkers and I even joke this way, it's not uncommon whatsoever. It's common to jokingly call someone derogatory slurs--slut, skank, bitch, etc. Some words can't be used lightheartedly (such as dumbass--well, it can, but I don't personally do it), but there are some that can. When we are playing games together, my friends and I greet each other by making our characters slap each other repeatedly. "Fuck you, hoe" is our way of saying "I love you."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The image orientation bit is what sounds disturbed to me. I wonder where you're from if no one has joked with you like this, either. Hell, coworkers and I even joke this way, it's not uncommon whatsoever. It's common to jokingly call someone derogatory slurs--slut, skank, bitch, etc. Some words can't be used lightheartedly (such as dumbass), but there are some that can. When we are playing games together, my friends and I greet each other by slapping each other repeatedly. "Fuck you, hoe" is our way of saying "I love you."
    it’s probably because I’m se PoLR and se types instinctively sense it in me

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    it’s probably because I’m se PoLR and se types instinctively sense it in me
    Ehh, I don't subscribe to that theory, but you're entitled to what you want to believe.

I used to have a coworker that--whenever he got pissed off, he got on everyone else's nerves, and then I would get annoyed from having to listen to everyone bitch and complain about him. I used to play with him roughly like that all the time, and it got him in a better mood. Then I wouldn't have to hear everyone's griping and complaining all night, lol. (I hate listening to constant negativity.) It'd be such dumb shit, though...like he goes to set a tray down and I act like I'm offended and wanna fight him about it, lmao. So stupid. I know no one took it seriously because we were both obviously smiling during it, but I'd probably think it was funny if someone had.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The image orientation bit is what sounds disturbed to me. I wonder where you're from if no one has joked with you like this, either. Hell, coworkers and I even joke this way, it's not uncommon whatsoever. It's common to jokingly call someone derogatory slurs--slut, skank, bitch, etc. Some words can't be used lightheartedly (such as dumbass--well, it can, but I don't personally do it), but there are some that can. When we are playing games together, my friends and I greet each other by making our characters slap each other repeatedly. "Fuck you, hoe" is our way of saying "I love you."
    Just to chip in and say I've never joked like this with anyone either nor have almost all the friends I've had throughout life done this.

I've had people make rougher jokes like this with me but it always made me uncomfortable. It makes me feel as if they might hurt me or they mean the things they said.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    Just to chip in and say I've never joked like this with anyone either nor have almost all the friends I've had throughout life done this.

I've had people make rougher jokes like this with me but it always made me uncomfortable. It makes me feel as if they might hurt me or they mean the things they said.
    I tend to feel people out before doing it, I dont do it with just anyone.

Sorry for short reply, theres a tornado close by and I'm keeping tabs on it, so my mind is elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post

Now that tornadoes have passed...
    I tend to feel people out, get to know their sensitivities first, etc. I dont joke this way when first meeting someone. If I joke with them in that way, it's a sign of being close and /or familiar.

I'm uncomfortable with anyone I can't be sort of rough with. I feel like I can't relax and let my guard down with them, and like they might easily get offended by something I accidentally say.