I am trying to type this person who has a pretty obvious EJ temperament. One thing I observed is this person seems to jump to conclusions a lot, at least from my POV. In their own words, “I just know”.

For example:

• They were once convinced someone was cheating and the reason was: “I once knew someone who acted like that and that person was cheating so this person must be too”, nevermind there were many circumstantial differences. It turned out to be false.

• Became convinced their daughter was pregnant even though the daughter firmly assured them there was zero possibility of it. Of course it turned out she wasn’t.

• Became convinced their neighbor was only trying to pry and gossip and would only bring bad luck when the neighbor brought over a Christmas gift and left it on the porch. Now the gossip part is possibly true but the bad luck part was because the last time the neighbor came to visit they brought cold to everyone so the neighbor is now forever labeled as bad luck.

And after time after time their dearly held conclusions proven to be false, the person in question still always trusts their judgment and isn’t open to alternatives.

Can someone help explain this tendency in socionics terms? I am not convinced it’s not type related. I am thinking it’s either Ni Polr or Si Polr due to the EJ temperament or Ne related but I am open to other explanations.