Thread: type this guy

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilligan, no...

The upper middle class works their asses off in school and in their careers so they can have big houses and nice cars and their kids can go to private schools and have vacation homes and country club memberships and boats and expensive clothes, etc. They often have a high level of consumer debt and cannot stop working or they will not be able to pay the financial obligations they've incurred. They work their asses off to look wealthy.

Gilligan, I suggest you read the books before commenting on the philosophy of them.

The difference between the upper middle class and the wealthy is that wealthy people use assets to buy luxuries. They don't buy big houses or nice cars or any of the rest of the crap I listed above until they have way more passive income than they need to cover their living expenses. Even then they re-invest most of their passive income.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    They work their asses off to look wealthy.
    Meanwhile, you make an ass of yourself by spouting nonsense on an internet forum, while hoping that reading a series of books written by a complete crock will help you generate enough passive income to live off of comfortably for the rest of your life.

They may get the leather, but you're gonna feel the buckle when you go broke trying to become one in a million by investing with advice from a get-rich-quick scheme. Tell bankruptcy I say hi, and that I'm sorry I won't be visiting any time soon because of my quality formal education and lack of faith in insane real estate schemes.

Mustachio, I agree in full, as I showed in one of my previous posts. I just think that that's the exception rather than the norm, and trying to be the exception when you're not is usually futile.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alot of people who go to school and get degrees and all that jazz don't necessarily become rich. some can't even find decent jobs. getting a degree is in fact more helpful than not but it doesn't equal success. effort and sagacity do.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Creepy-aurora_faerie

The upper middle class works their asses off in school and in their careers so they can have big houses and nice cars and their kids can go to private schools and have vacation homes and country club memberships and boats and expensive clothes, etc. They often have a high level of consumer debt and cannot stop working or they will not be able to pay the financial obligations they've incurred. They work their asses off to look wealthy.
    Um...if they work their asses off and making money at a good job, because they went to a decent school...how are they just LOOKING wealthy?

What is wrong with nice houses, cars, private schools, all that...it seems to be a very nice way to raise kids, in a good environtment....if you are trying to say that the upper middle class are always over-doing it....oh. Also if you are saying that, thats a very generalized statement.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio
    alot of people who go to school and get degrees and all that jazz don't necessarily become rich. some can't even find decent jobs. getting a degree is in fact more helpful than not but it doesn't equal success. effort and sagacity do.
    Nothing that either one of us has asserted is contrary to what the other seeks to prove; we're just coming at this from different angles. So yes, I can appreciate, and, in fact, share, your position.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    Um...if they work their asses off and making money at a good job, because they went to a decent school...how are they just LOOKING wealthy?

What is wrong with nice houses, cars, private schools, all that...it seems to be a very nice way to raise kids, in a good environtment....if you are trying to say that the upper middle class are always over-doing it....oh. Also if you are saying that, thats a very generalized statement.
    Well put. Also, Joy is assuming that people in the upper-middle class accumulate lots of what she calls "consumer debt," which is a gross generalization.

There's no shame in having the college experience, accumulating not only useful but interesting information, forming fulfilling and useful relationships in the process, working hard to earn a legitimate living, and having material goods (if that's what you want). Don't make such an effort to sound condescending concerning people who may very well be perfectly happy with their lifestyles; you're no better than them just because you think you can make lots of money by sitting on your ass and attempting to "create passive income" via advice obtained from self-help books So please, cut the bullshit.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-bg

I think I'd call my family upper middle class and we're not materialistic at all. Have no debt... in fact wise use of credit is something my father always stressed. Never fall into debt. only use credit when there's the moneys to cover it. It's about convenient use of the money you have and not a means to aquire what you can't otherwise have. Some of my brothers picked this up better than others, but for the most part his financial thinking has made an impression on us all to some degree.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bionicgoat, from what you've said, your family is definitely wealthy.

Kelly, the difference between being wealthy and looking wealthy the passive income to living expense ratio. If someone spends $500,000 a year but earns $400,000 a year, they're upper middle class.

If someone spends $20,000 but earns $25,000 a year in passive income, they are wealthy.

And there is nothing wrong with having all of the stuff I mentioned. If someone has all of those items and has no consumer debt and has passive income that exceeds their living expenses, they are wealthy.

I'd also like to make it quite clear that there is nothing wrong with any of these lifestyles. There's nothing wrong with taking a vow of poverty. I have not said anything that would suggest that I think wealthy people are *better* or happier or even smarter than any other economic class.

Gilligan, what's this get rich quick scheme you're speaking of?
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You haven't stated it outright, no, but you've implied it.

And for the record, from what you've said, this is obviously a conflict of definition; we're not even on the same page in terms of what we call "wealthy" or "upper-middle class" here, so it's in the best interest of everyone here to just cut the bullshit and stop talking.

And Joy, you know very fucking well what I'm talking about. Stop being an ignorant bitch.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    You haven't stated it outright, no, but you've implied it.
    Is it really THAT difficult not to read too far into what I say? Please... from now on just assume that everything out of my mouth should be taken at face value, okay? Cause that's all that I'm trying to communicate as well as all that I mean.

And for the record, from what you've said, this is obviously a conflict of definition; we're not even on the same page in terms of what we call "wealthy" or "upper-middle class" here
    Yep, that's the issue.

so it's in the best interest of everyone here to just cut the bullshit and stop talking.
    yeah, this conversation was pretty pointless indeed

And Joy, you know very fucking well what I'm talking about. Stop being an ignorant bitch.
    No. I don't. When have I ever said that acquiring wealth is a fast or easy thing?
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*yawn*

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stop it, that's contagious

SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what this thread reminds me of!
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio
    The last thing I want to be is upper middle class.

And why are you comparing FDG's educators to other educators, and who are these other educators anyways?
    I never asked you what you want to be, and quite frankly, I couldn't care less.

I'm comparing them to the so-called "educators" who wrote those books that you're talking about. If they aren't written from an upper-middle class viewpoint, chances are, they aren't as educated as those that are. And if they're written by less educated people, well, we can generally assume that their advice is circumstantial/experiential and generally not that good. The "success forumulae" that these (essentially) self-help authors write based on their own experiences in real-estate are, in general, testimonials based on personal experience, and are therefore highly unlikely to apply in every real-life circumstance that they claim to. That, or they're just bullshit. Or a combination of the two (most likely).
    not trying to pick sides here but i gotta disagree with you. some people just have a knack for certain things and i don't think that you absolutely have to have a master's degree to know how to sell something or make your money grow. in my humble opinion, experience can sometimes equal and even surpass formal schooling. personal experience can sometimes help you find little tricks that you won't find in any establishment. it also helps you believe in your own abilities in finding ideas not preconceived ones that work in "theory". real-life experiences are, in my mind, some of the most beneficial things you can learn. keep in mind, i haven't read Sugar Daddy so i'm not referring to his ass.
    True true, my answers was just a reaction to her adivice to instruct myself on cash flows, nothing else. I am the first to say that most people don't understand anything on how the things taught in business school are applicable to many real-life situations.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any my point about your schooling, FDG, is that it is most likely taught from an upper middle class mindset.
    Lol, no. Most high-school teachers here are lower middle class. I even had an INFp business teacher actually

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Any my point about your schooling, FDG, is that it is most likely taught from an upper middle class mindset.
    Lol, no. Most high-school teachers here are lower middle class. I even had an INFp business teacher actually
    Argh, don't dig this shit up; we semi-resolved this hours ago...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Argh, don't dig this shit up; we semi-resolved this hours ago...
    I was sleeping.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh*

Have at it...

...but I just know that I'm going to get dragged into it again if you two start up >_<;

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, no problem, I don't have any intention to!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I'm done running in circles with this one
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch the video here and then state your VI analysis.
    SEE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123