ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    2) Aw come on, can't everyone all be rich at the same time?
    Lol no, that's not what I meant, a scenario like that would be awesome; it's mostly the way he wants people to get rich, by being social climbers, infiltrating, 'n stuff - it's omnipervasive even in the shady way he writes the book - that grates my nerves.
    have you even read his books???
    Except for the obvious stuff about real estate 'n stock market bullcrap, the other things are all about that.

Not to mention that I'm a geolibertarian, so that it's really hard for me to take seriously anything that has to do with land speculation (real estate is fair, but land is not)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Lol no, that's not what I meant, a scenario like that would be awesome; it's mostly the way he wants people to get rich, by being social climbers, infiltrating, 'n stuff - it's omnipervasive even in the shady way he writes the book - that grates my nerves.
    really thats his "system"? that makes me even more hatefull towards it.
    No. It's not.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked Kiosaki a lot, actually. His books helped me realize what "career" path I was already on and how to develop it. Maybe I like hearing about the obvious...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except for the obvious stuff about real estate 'n stock market bullcrap, the other things are all about that.

Not to mention that I'm a geolibertarian, so that it's really hard for me to take seriously anything that has to do with land speculation (real estate is fair, but land is not)
    SEE

Creepy-bg

Maybe it's just that I picked up all this stuff already from my ESTj dad (whose far from rich... well perhaps rich compared to some. But not like crap in a golden toilet rich)
    If your dad and everyone in his household stopped working, how long could they maintain their current standard of living?

Wealth is measured in time.
    well my dad stopped working about ten or so years ago (my mother hasn't worked since before I was born) since then he's been steadily gaining money through investments. So my answer to that is we'd maintain our standard of living for as long as it takes. Even once he dies he's set it all up to run on autopilot until my mom dies and it all gets distributed through inheritance to us kids and grandkids.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I obviously have, Joy. Don't start with your little manipulation again, pretty please. Go on with your real estate, I'm happy you have found your path.

Also, please explain what you mean with things like "Wealth is measured in time"?? As a unit of measure? Actualized value? Please explain!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's just that I picked up all this stuff already from my ESTj dad (whose far from rich... well perhaps rich compared to some. But not like crap in a golden toilet rich)
    If your dad and everyone in his household stopped working, how long could they maintain their current standard of living?

well my dad stopped working about ten or so years ago (my mother hasn't worked since before I was born) since then he's been steadily gaining money through investments. So my answer to that is we'd maintain our standard of living for as long as it takes. Even once he dies he's set it all up to run on autopilot until my mom dies and it all gets distributed through inheritance to us kids and grandkids.
    awesome
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, there's already too much sensible social/economic crime in this world to make room for people who like to get off on shit like this. Fuck this guy STRAIGHT in the asshole.

ZOMG YOUR SO ENTJ.

But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome
    that, btw, is what the Rich Dad series is about... NOT what FDG is talking about
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the big deal about retiring early? What do you do after that?
    I expect to be working till my death bed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG, which of his books have you read?

Gilligan, I didn't think that it needed to be said that this thread is not about my type.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome
    that, btw, is what the Rich Dad series is about... NOT what FDG is talking about
    YOU CAN'T see the idea that is behind it which is dangerous, joy! The idea, damn, that's the problem. The subtle hints that aren't visible, but that are given off all the time.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOU CAN'T see the idea that is behind it which is dangerous, joy! The idea, damn, that's the problem. The subtle hints that aren't visible, but that are given off all the time.
    What is the dangerous idea?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that if you have a work that you don't like, retiring is an option. That, or you're too tired, don't have enough energy, etc. personally I feel the same as you, lol

Joy: obviously, rich dad poor dad, downloaded and read on my cell phone in dead times

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh... nevermind... I prolly should have realized that you were reading too far into his writings and seeing a bunch of manipulative bullshit that simply isn't there (similarly to the way you misinterpret what I write)

It's not about not working... it's about not having to work.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about not working... it's about not having to work.
    That's the same thing, to some of us

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-bg

awesome
    that's probably why I think it's all obvious. I've been tought this stuff already.

I was lucky too having an ESFj mother who tought us how to be creative and inovate ways to live well within the means provided. And that happiness doesn't come from moneys

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy: obviously, rich dad poor dad, downloaded and read on my cell phone in dead times
    I'd recommend the second book in the series, Cashflow Quadrant.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh... nevermind... I prolly should have realized that you were reading too far into his writings and seeing a bunch of manipulative bullshit that simply isn't there (similarly to the way you misinterpret what I write)
    Gah. This is why the world goes bonkers. People let themselves be manipulated and motivated this way, without trying to see what's subtly the author trying to convey as big-picture of the world he'd like to see. [/img]

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd recommend the second book in the series, Cashflow Quadrant.
    I know about this stuff thakyou, 5 years of business school and 2 years of economics uni shouda been enough.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.) life is what you make it
    2.) if you say so...
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.) if you say so...
    Are you suggesting that your understanding of economics and the subject at hand, after reading these books, is more expansive, or in some way superior, to that obtained from FDG's clearly extensive education on the subject?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

define exactly what "the subject" is... which was my point
    SEE

Creepy-bg

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want me to say economics, because you will respond with something to the tune of "Well, I know more about making money," which could be true, but is probably a well-contrived illusion by the author that will land you in debt up to your neck.

Don't quit home inspection.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't quite home inspection until I have enough passive income to cover twice my living expenses... and I'm thinking about buying into the company and selling franchises.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Business.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't quite home inspection until I have enough passive income to cover twice my living expenses... and I'm thinking about buying into the company and selling franchises.
    Don't sell your eggs before your chicken gets fucked.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling Home Inspection franchises is not a critical component to my plan... just an area in which I see opportunity. It may not work out for any number of reasons.

Any my point about your schooling, FDG, is that it is most likely taught from an upper middle class mindset.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any my point about your schooling, FDG, is that it is most likely taught from an upper middle class mindset.
    And what typically separates upper-middle class from middle/lower-middle class besides income? Education.

Besides, do you think the people who write these books started off as middle/lower-middle class and did this all without any education? I highly doubt it.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    And what typically separates upper-middle class from middle/lower-middle class besides income? Education.
    LOL thank you, my point exactly
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So his educators are better educated than (lower-)middle class educators. That seems like a plus to me.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to interject but my brother (ENTj) hasn't had alot of formal education and is a successful businessman. boy's got money growing on trees...
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said it was impossible. It's FAAAARRRRRR less likely, though; this you must admit.

Testimonials are basically bullshit unless you're trying to disprove something absolute.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last thing I want to be is upper middle class.

And why are you comparing FDG's educators to other educators, and who are these other educators anyways?
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And why are you comparing FDG's educators to other educators, and who are these other educators anyways?
    I never asked you what you want to be, and quite frankly, I couldn't care less.

I'm comparing them to the so-called "educators" who wrote those books that you're talking about. If they aren't written from an upper-middle class viewpoint, chances are, they aren't as educated as those that are. And if they're written by less educated people, well, we can generally assume that their advice is circumstantial/experiential and generally not that good. The "success forumulae" that these (essentially) self-help authors write based on their own experiences in real-estate are, in general, testimonials based on personal experience, and are therefore highly unlikely to apply in every real-life circumstance that they claim to. That, or they're just bullshit. Or a combination of the two (most likely).

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-bg

why wouldn't you want to be upper middle class?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why wouldn't you want to be upper middle class?
    Because she associates it with all sorts of negative stereotypes derived and propigated by people who are jealous of those who are more fortunate than themselves.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-bg

lol aristocrats :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan

I never asked you what you want to be, and quite frankly, I couldn't care less.

I'm comparing them to the so-called "educators" who wrote those books that you're talking about. If they aren't written from an upper-middle class viewpoint, chances are, they aren't as educated as those that are. And if they're written by less educated people, well, we can generally assume that their advice is circumstantial/experiential and generally not that good. The "success forumulae" that these (essentially) self-help authors write based on their own experiences in real-estate are, in general, testimonials based on personal experience, and are therefore highly unlikely to apply in every real-life circumstance that they claim to. That, or they're just bullshit. Or a combination of the two (most likely).
    not trying to pick sides here but i gotta disagree with you. some people just have a knack for certain things and i don't think that you absolutely have to have a master's degree to know how to sell something or make your money grow. in my humble opinion, experience can sometimes equal and even surpass formal schooling. personal experience can sometimes help you find little tricks that you won't find in any establishment. it also helps you believe in your own abilities in finding ideas not preconceived ones that work in "theory". real-life experiences are, in my mind, some of the most beneficial things you can learn. keep in mind, i haven't read Sugar Daddy so i'm not referring to his ass.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast