Hybrid View

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    @FarDraft what kind of strategy do you mean? Like business strategy, playing a game, etc.? Which elements are involved will depend on which kind.
    I'm thinking about strategy in general, but if you think that the specific type makes a big enough difference, then I'll be more specific.
    - Business strategy/financial planning
    - Strategy games like chess (primarily tactical) or go (primarily strategic)
    - Military strategy
    - Political strategy
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    I'm thinking about strategy in general, but if you think that the specific type makes a big enough difference, then I'll be more specific.
    - Business strategy/financial planning
    - Strategy games like chess (primarily tactical) or go (primarily strategic)
    - Military strategy
    - Political strategy
    All of those things have a significant amount of Se involved as well. An LII is not nearly as likely to be interested in competitive, goal-oriented strategy as an ILI or LIE.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of those things have a significant amount of Se involved as well. An LII is not nearly as likely to be interested in competitive, goal-oriented strategy as an ILI or LIE.
    That's similar to my style of reasoning, but the LII being a result type and rational would be goal oriented, no? I've seen contradictory information on this regard, with some saying Ti is and others saying it isn't. Personally, I don't think it is since Ti is focused on the inner world rather than the outer one, meaning that it wouldn't create goals in the outside world to reach over time. This seems more consistent with the theory.

In my experience, LIIs are structured and planned because it gives them stability whereas ILIs plan for personal gain. They care less about stability, which can leave them either in high highs or low lows.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    That's similar to my style of reasoning, but the LII being a result type and rational would be goal oriented, no? I've seen contradictory information on this regard, with some saying Ti is and others saying it isn't. Personally, I don't think it is since Ti is focused on the inner world rather than the outer one, meaning that it wouldn't create goals in the outside world to reach over time. This seems more consistent with the theory.

In my experience, LIIs are structured and planned because it gives them stability whereas ILIs plan for personal gain. They care less about stability, which can leave them either in high highs or low lows.
    I find the classical descriptions of the "result/process" and "rational/irrational" dichotomies to be irrelevant in practice for the most part. Rationals might be more like "ok so if I want to do this, that means I have to do this other thing first". But, focusing on a goal itself (especially one with real-world impact) is Se/Ni.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find the classical descriptions of the "result/process" and "rational/irrational" dichotomies to be irrelevant in practice for the most part. Rationals might be more like "ok so if I want to do this, that means I have to do this other thing first". But, focusing on a goal itself (especially one with real-world impact) is Se/Ni.
    Ok then. Full on functions. I think that works well, but sometimes certain aspects of a person's personality can be explained by certain reinin dichotomies that are well documented. For example, if a person continually looks for things that are missing rather than reinforcing creation, then they're probably negativist. But I agree that the best way to type people is by the functions.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020