Hybrid View

The Neighborhood Witch Nocturne's Avatar
    TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the late reply, I've been kinda busy lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Maybe if you showed typical examples of your brand of playful banter...?
    You'll see me posting gif reactions or memes to... express my expression, for lack of a better descriptor. Play-fighting/insulting is common for me.

Well you'd know what you meant by principles. I was asking about this: "However I think a lot of this may largely come from principles. "I don't want to be friends with this person because of X and that makes them bad" whether then simply "this person is bad" based on a gut reaction. I do greatly value loyalty and responsibility in others but once again, this could be more so based off principle."

Mind saying more on this?

Also see this:
    Hmmm, yeah, I wold say I'm a pretty principled person. As far as consistency, it is important to me in myself as well as others, however, I don't know if I'm consistent all the time...? I haven't annoyed any Ti-dominants with lack of consistency, though.
    A lot of people do describe me as a bit closed-off and stubborn, but I've not known that to be outside of what an EIE could be...?

As for what exactly I mean by principled... hm. This is just an example, but...

"Smoking cigarettes is bad" -> this person smokes cigarettes -> I may be a little wary of them based on this. Like I said, just an example of how the thought process works.

Or I have kind of strict "I will not smoke myself, because it caused a lot of health problems in my parents.

I kind of see such a thing as being based on an internal principle, I suppose.

~~~~

On an unrelated note, @thehotelambush does any of what I've said seem to indicate a Merry quadra over a more serious one?
    𝒯𝒶𝓊𝓇𝓊𝓈 ☼ | 𝒞𝒶𝓅𝓇𝒾𝒸𝑜𝓇𝓃 ☾ | 𝒮𝒸𝑜𝓇𝓅𝒾𝑜 ↑
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post

"Smoking cigarettes is bad" -> this person smokes cigarettes -> I may be a little wary of them based on this. Like I said, just an example of how the thought process works.

Or I have kind of strict "I will not smoke myself, because it caused a lot of health problems in my parents.

I’m not sure whether this is NTR or not, but I’ll mention that I self-type EIE and this is quite antithetical to how I think, and if I were party to it I might have a difficult time dealing with it.

I don’t believe whether someone smokes or not is a proper criterion to judge them and would feel guilty if I made myself wary of a person over something like that. It’s a socially circumscribed matter (yes, it’s unhealthy, but it used to be socially entirely accepted in the US) and doesn’t tell me anything about someone’s real value as another human being. I’d hate to miss out on discovering what someone is really like by distancing them over a transient and imo shallow issue.

I wouldn’t like it if the person were blowing smoke in my face or leaving ciagarette butts on the sidewalk and so on, but if they were reasonably polite about it, it’s kind of none of my business.

I think it’s the same regardless of the issue. The kinds of ”principles” I hold to are very philosophical and have to do with people’s treatment of other people, and the attitudes behind their behavior. In practice how I assess someone is just not simple at all. Unless they make it simple by being an utter ass, ofc.

Again, could be NTR.
    Last edited by golden; 02-18-2019 at 12:34 AM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I’m not sure whether this is NTR or not, but I’ll mention that I self-type EIE and this is quite antithetical to how I think, and if I were party to it I might have a difficult time dealing with it.

I don’t believe whether someone smokes or not is a proper criterion to judge them and would feel guilty if I made myself wary of a person over something like that. It’s a socially circumscribed matter (yes, it’s unhealthy, but it used to be socially entirely accepted in the US) and doesn’t tell me anything about someone’s real value as another human being. I’d hate to miss out on discovering what someone is really like by distancing them over a transient and imo shallow issue.

I wouldn’t like it if the person were blowing smoke in my face or leaving ciagarette butts on the sidewalk and so in, but if they were reasonably polite about it, it’s kind of none of my business.

I think it’s the same regardless of the issue. The kinds of ”principles” I hold to are very philosophical and have to do with people’s treatment of other people, and the attitudes behind their behavior. In practice how I assess someone is just not simple at all. Unless they make it simple by being an utter ass, ofc.

Again, could be NTR.
    Non-Type Related or not, I relate to this in full. Would also probably be hypocritical for me to judge others for health decisions, as I'm clumsy at disciplining myself with shit in the first place. Obviously extreme shit like hard drugs or obesity is another matter, but I try to be patient with stuff like that and encourage people to make better choices for themselves once I get to know them better. Generally, when I'm put-off by people's choices and lifestyle I try to bear with it and facilitate their recovery or betterment. I've had countless people come to me in dark periods of their lives. I believe in the potential to persevere over most sin and disorderly conduct.

Sometimes you just gotta be 'that guy' even if You don't approve. I don't enable them but I'm discretionary in how I approve/disapprove. Only in extreme cases with a close friend do I really strong-arm someone to change something. I can be judgmental or assertive with strangers, but it's almost never over health matters, it's usually behavioral - eg. I perceive them as dishonorable or out-of-line.
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, I've been kinda busy lately.

You'll see me posting gif reactions or memes to... express my expression, for lack of a better descriptor. Play-fighting/insulting is common for me.

Hmmm, yeah, I wold say I'm a pretty principled person. As far as consistency, it is important to me in myself as well as others, however, I don't know if I'm consistent all the time...? I haven't annoyed any Ti-dominants with lack of consistency, though.
    A lot of people do describe me as a bit closed-off and stubborn, but I've not known that to be outside of what an EIE could be...?

~~~~

On an unrelated note, @thehotelambush does any of what I've said seem to indicate a Merry quadra over a more serious one?
    Not really.

The fact that you use reaction gifs is not very meaningful. Yes, some ESIs are more stoic or aloof, but the key is whether, when push comes to shove, you prefer Fe or Fi. Expressing emotions doesn't necessarily conflict with Fi and can even be used to serve it, as a way to build relationships. ESIs mainly have a problem with Fe when it's used to hide the nature of someone's "true feelings" (eg to maintain some semblance of conviviality). You don't seem inclined to use Fe in this way at all and have criticized people who do so.

The cigarettes thing mainly sounds like Ni > Ne.

The Neighborhood Witch Nocturne's Avatar
    TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    ESIs mainly have a problem with Fe when it's used to hide the nature of someone's "true feelings" (eg to maintain some semblance of conviviality). You don't seem inclined to use Fe in this way at all and have criticized people who do so.
    Now this is interesting. Where have you noticed this?
    𝒯𝒶𝓊𝓇𝓊𝓈 ☼ | 𝒞𝒶𝓅𝓇𝒾𝒸𝑜𝓇𝓃 ☾ | 𝒮𝒸𝑜𝓇𝓅𝒾𝑜 ↑
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~