Thread: Type the Lynx!

Hybrid View

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    Mhm, I've already read over the four. This is the one that fits me best by far
    the problem is that Gulenko's subtypes are a separate baseless typology which is not Socionics

your eyes have a lot of Fi and that is either Fi type or role

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real EIEs are often hyper drama queens. Like - almost daily. Gulenko swapped the quadras. His system is simply his own, not true socionics. His work among other typists is why so many get confused simply because he has been so prolific in twisting things around.

I could not access your video link to VI you.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Real EIEs are often hyper drama queens. Like - almost daily. Gulenko swapped the quadras. His system is simply his own, not true socionics. His work among other typists is why so many get confused simply because he has been so prolific in twisting things around.

How did he "Swap the quadras"? What has he "twisted around"? The only Gulenko I made use of was DCNH descriptions, and my typing isn't contingent on that, it was just an ancillary afterthought. People are calling me EIE, saying I VI as one, and I've even had a forum veteran PM me saying I'm a clone of her EIE-Ni ex to a spooky degree. If You can't access the video there's not much I can do for You since the only link I have to it is posted, and it's not my YT channel. In any case, cheers from contributing.
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post

It's rather odd that you think Gulenko swapped the quadras. He directly mentions dramatism directly in his EIE description:

The EIE encompasses and manages a very wide range of emotional states. Dramatic emotions quickly turn into comic ones or interweave together, however, in company of strangers and unfamiliar people he can behave calmly and hold himself with dignity. Endowed with the gift of emotional empathy, can experience emotions of another person as if they were his own. Expressive in gestures, gaze, intonation, and other emotional expressions. A good actor or speaker. Continually reinvents and reincarnates himself in some style. Often aggravates the situation and welcomes the emotional strain that comes with this. People in his proximity may experience difficulty dealing with his emotional pressuring. He cannot find peace and serenity himself; overflows with negative emotions, which often leads to mental breakdowns.

You have an inherent poetic nature that you can express in metaphorical form, often dramatic, sometimes tragic-comic. You may have talent of an orator, who knows how to use speech to ignite many people.
    EIE's indeed have quite dramatic emotions in Humanitarian Socionics, and the amount that gets displayed would depend a lot on the subtype and functional profile (i.e. not as much or as frequently for an introverted one like what Lynx is identifying with). One of the key problems I see with Gulenko is that so much misinformation is spread about him and his theories, like that he swapped the quadras, or that he only lets you use some of the signed information elements, or whatever. It is important that we represent things as accurately as possible without putting too much of a personal spin on things.

I also reject such a simple distinction between true and false socionics. Socionics is a work in progress. Many theorists and schools have different takes on it. It is a very abstract discipline about a very complex topic (individuals human, their psychologies and their social dynamics). Of course, you have the right to choose which theorists and ideas you want to make use of, and if Gulenko's ideas don't work for you then that's okay, and you have every right to express that. However, what works for you isn't necessarily what works for others (their innate type differences and acquired life experiences may resonate with different facets of the hyper-complex transpersonal truth of Socionics that your innate qualities and acquired experience don't resonate with). With this attitude, it will be possible to have a more diplomatic disposition between different Socionics practitioners.

I could see Harmonizing EIE for Lynx. He seems quite engaging and friendly, while also having a somewhat daring and dramatic/epic edge to him as represented by his identification with "heroic death" and the Lynx. Somewhat pensive and identified with beauty which would be expected of a harmonizing subtype of EIE His other values also fit EIE very well as described in the questionnaire. But, I'm also always interested in other takes like yours vesstheastralsilky. Your comments about astrology are fascinating. I think that by comparing the different Socionics systems of different people, we can create an even more insightful multi-faceted typology that approaches people from many angles.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Varlawend View Post
    One of the key problems I see with Gulenko is that so much misinformation is spread about him and his theories
    the key problem with Gulenko is that his hypotheses and methods have no reasonable basis and should be mostly wrong as the most of such. then they are used as rationalizations of mistypings

also there is no humanitarian or martian Socionics
    there is just Socionics, parts of which have different basis to be trusted
    and there is heretical bs from different dudes alike Gulenko, 99% of which has no reasonable basis to be used. and 1% which is interesting as connects with normal theory (romance styles) or mb seen on practice (like with temperaments, which seem mostly be correct). in 2nd case it's not Socionics still, needs to be proved to be assigned to Jung's types, and better to be avoided in typing (for example, temperaments may not fit sometimes)

in this case, Lynx was inclined to think himself to EIE wrongly. his emotionality is very restrained by Fe standards, but fits to Fi ok and lesser to T probability. but EIE for him is just lol and seems a heretical nonsense could push him there as he ignores much of normal theory

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    the key problem with Gulenko is that his hypotheses and methods have no reasonable basis and should be mostly wrong as the most of such. then they are used as rationalizations of mistypings
    All I'm seeing here is an opinion which goes without any justification. Gulenko has helped thousands upon thousands of clients who would disagree with you, and has written too many papers for me to count which lay out his views in detail. In disagreeing with Gulenko, addressing that is the key issue. Anything else is just meaningless boasting. I don't think simply rubbing our opinions in the face of one another is valuable because it doesn't lead anywhere. It's fine for you to disagree with Gulenko, but maybe this would be a better conversation to have in another thread and at a higher level of detail to understand where the disagreement is.

also there is no humanitarian or martian Socionics
    there is just Socionics, parts of which have different basis to be trusted
    Well, there is quite literally the School of Humanitarian Socionics, which is one of the most famous, prolific and trusted schools of Socionics in the entire world. I don't see the point of being in denial about this. I understand that you disagree with the conclusions of this school, but there's no point in trying to write Humanitarian Socionics out of the language; that just seems like overcompensation. The School of Humanitiarian Socionics quite plainly exists: https://www.socioniks.net/

and there is heretical bs from different dudes alike Gulenko, 99% of which has no reasonable basis to be used. and 1% which is interesting as connects with normal theory (romance styles) or mb seen on practice (like with temperaments, which seem mostly be correct).
    Heretical? I don't think Socionics is a religion or a church. Having a religious or cultish attitude to Socionics to the point of condemning people who disagree with some its theoretical conclusions as "heretics" is extremely counterproductive. I'm sorry that most of Gulenko's material hasn't worked for you or doesn't make sense to you, but this seems rather out of touch with the many people who do use it and who it has directly improved the lives of. As for so-called "normal theory" or "Orthodox socionics" (it's already sounding more like a cult or a religion there than the psychological and sociological theory that it really is), Gulenko has invented large portions of it, maybe even more than anyone else. It's most likely the case that he has a more accurate perspective on Socionics concepts that he has invented than other amateurs on the internet, though I suppose that isn't guaranteed.

in 2nd case it's not Socionics still, needs to be proved to be assigned to Jung's types, and better to be avoided in typing (for example, temperaments may not fit sometimes)
    You seem to presume yourself to have some kind of authority on what is or is not to be considered Socionics. Look, you can assign and reject anything you want to from that word for yourself. However, there is literally nothing you can do to stop people from using Humanitarian Socionics and from calling it that. Language policing doesn't work very well in democratic forums and societies.

in this case, Lynx was inclined to think himself to EIE wrongly. his emotionality is very restrained by Fe standards, but fits to Fi ok and lesser to T probability. but EIE for him is just lol and seems a heretical nonsense could push him there as he ignores much of normal theory
    I think Lynx should identify with what integrates best with him and his own worldview. He shouldn't be forced into the use of one particular orthodox theory on the internet. Socionics is a work in progress and while its definitions are very clear in some cases, people are still working out the most useful and accurate meanings for various concepts. This is a collective endeavor that needs to make sense to more than one person for it to really stick, which is why working together on this makes more sense than ridiculing each other and trying to force fit people into your own pet theoretical orientations that make most sense to you.