Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    Yes, I hate child molesters and the people(The Catholic Church) who protect them. It's disgusting.
    Yes, it's true that men who were raised to honored positions to represent the Catholic Church, who are entrusted to lead it, have perpetrated molestation and protected pederasts/pedophiles* and that is truly disgusting. I am thankful to our Merciful Lord that their crimes are now being exposed.

However, these criminals are not the Church, as you accuse. It is rash and foolish to look at those who are liars and traitors to the teaching of the Church, those who do OPPOSITE of what She teaches and say these are the Church. Look to those who live the teachings of the church. We have thousands of Saints whose entire lives are recorded and investigated to an exaggerated extent, who have been found to be holy, having lived the teachings of the church, from every century, and from every walk of life, since year one, who show us what it means to live the Catholic life.

Jesus promised there would be false prophets, and that there would be '"tares among the wheat" in His Church. Even one of his own twelve Apostles was a truly disgusting. People haven't changed and we haven't done better. Our Church is infiltrated by those trying to ruin it, and it's a very organized and systematic infiltration. For that, investigate the St. Gallen mafia because it's plan is behind this crime.

Surely what we see happening today is the reason for the last part of this statement of Jesus: "And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Today we are surely watching hell beat against the church, yet we have been promised that hell will not prevail.

*The truth is that the name of the crime is pederasty - sex between a grown man and a boy. Just as horrible as child molestaion, but these perpetrators and protectors of perpetrators refuse to call it what they know it is. 80-84% of the victims are post pubescent boys over the age of 14, preyed upon by homosexual priests. For some suspicious reason, they are united (with the support of the media) in their endeavor to hide the true nature of the crime. And truly, it is organized crime.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-05-2019 at 01:32 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Yes, it's true that men who were raised to honored positions to represent the Catholic Church, who are entrusted to lead it, have perpetrated molestation and protected pederasts/pedophiles* and that is truly disgusting. I am thankful to our Merciful Lord that their crimes are now being exposed.

However, these criminals are not the Church, as you accuse. It is rash and foolish to look at those who are liars and traitors to the teaching of the Church, those who do OPPOSITE of what She teaches and say these are the Church. Look to those who live the teachings of the church. We have thousands of Saints whose entire lives are recorded and investigated to an exaggerated extent, who have been found to be holy, having lived the teachings of the church, from every century, and from every walk of life, since year one, who show us what it means to live the Catholic life.

Jesus promised there would be false prophets, and that there would be '"tares among the wheat" in His Church. Even one of his own twelve Apostles was a truly disgusting. People haven't changed and we haven't done better. Our Church is infiltrated by those trying to ruin it, and it's a very organized and systematic infiltration. For that, investigate the St. Gallen mafia because it's plan is behind this crime.

Surely what we see happening today is the reason for the last part of this statement of Jesus: "And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Today we are surely watching hell beat against the church, yet we have been promised that hell will not prevail.

*The truth is that the name of the crime is pederasty - sex between a grown man and a boy. Just as horrible as child molestaion, but these perpetrators and protectors of perpetrators refuse to call it what they know it is. 80-84% of the victims are post pubescent boys over the age of 14, preyed upon by homosexual priests. For some suspicious reason, they are united (with the support of the media) in their endeavor to hide the true nature of the crime. And truly, it is organized crime.
    I believe that is the Church though and it is a corrupt institution. It is an institution comprised of humans, like an other institution. As such, they have built a wall around its priests, bishops, cardinals, and popes, protecting its secrets, which have nothing to do with the teachings of Christ. It has evolved over two thousand years, but for over a millennia, they have persecuted people who do not believe as they do, treating homosexuals like they are evil, stifling freethought, causing wars, hording wealth, etc. It is filled with a lot of greed and hatred itself.

I don't believe that it has access to "the Truth" either. I don't believe in the presumed authenticity of revelation, resurrections, miracles, etc, which are all used to control the mind of man. I am a naturalist, and have a very naturalistic spirituality. There are probably genuine believers out there, and you Eliza sound like one of them; I am not against people believing what they want to believe as long as they let me believe what I want to believe. I am sorry if I have offended you. I don't really want to argue about religion. You seem like a genuinely nice person.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Catholic church should allow priests, bishops, etc to marry. It won't solve the problem but might lead to less abuse.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Weird View Post
    Catholic church should allow priests, bishops, etc to marry. It won't solve the problem but might lead to less abuse.
    The Greek Orthodox church I was born and baptized into allows priests to marry. They actually have to be married before they can become a priest as far as I know. I have also seen them smoke cigarettes and drink wine. When I was 7 or 8 I remember asking the priest why he smoked and drank. He explained it to me. I felt like something was off. Another priest's daughter used to babysit me. I corrupted her when I was about 9 introducing her to a guy, who might fit the description of "bad boy". He lived in my neighborhood and she fell for him. I decided rather young that no one religion had any access to some ultimate Truth. I spent years exploring various religions only to find the Tao Te Ching was probably a better guide than the bible. A church by definition consists of an assembly of people who are called on. Satanists have the church of satan. Churches are nothing without the people and they are only as strong as their weakest links.

The Holman Bible Dictionary, in its article "Church," explains the background of the word church (emphasis added throughout):

"Church is the English translation of the Greek word ekklesia. The use of the Greek term prior to the emergence of the Christian church is important as two streams of meaning flow from the history of its usage into the New Testament understanding of church.

"First, the Greek term which basically means 'called out' was commonly used to indicate an assembly of citizens of a Greek city and is so used in Acts 19:32, 39. The citizens who were quite conscious of their privileged status over against slaves and noncitizens were called to the assembly by a herald and dealt . . . with matters of common concern. When the early Christians understood themselves as constituting a church, no doubt exists that they perceived themselves as called out by God in Jesus Christ for a special purpose and that their status was a privileged one in Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:19).

"Second, the Greek term was used more than one hundred times in the Greek translation of the Old Testament in common use in the time of Jesus. The Hebrew term (qahal) meant simply 'assembly' and could be used in a variety of ways, referring for example to an assembling of prophets (1 Sam. 19:20), soldiers (Num. 22:4), or the people of God (Deut. 9:10). The use of the term in the Old Testament in referring to the people of God is important for understanding the term 'church' in the New Testament.

"The first Christians were [mostly] Jews who used the Greek translation of the Old Testament. For them to use a self-designation that was common in the Old Testament for the people of God reveals their understanding of the continuity that links the Old and New Testaments. The early Christians understood themselves as the people of the God who had revealed Himself in the Old Testament (Heb. 1:1-2), as the true children of Israel (Rom. 2:28-29) with Abraham as their father (Rom. 4:1-25), and as the people of the New Covenant prophesied in the Old Testament (Heb. 8:1-13).

"As a consequence of this broad background of meaning in the Greek and Old Testament worlds, the term 'church' is used in the New Testament of a local congregation of called-out Christians, such as the 'church of God which is at Corinth' (1 Cor. 1:2), and also of the entire people of God, such as in the affirmation that Christ is 'the head over all things to the church, which is his body' (Eph. 1:22-23)."

https://www.ucg.ca/bible-study-lesso...nd-word-church
    I think churches should be taxed if they have accumulated a lot of wealth, since they are profiting, and we should start with the Church of Scientology. I watched Leah Remini's docuseries on it and it operates like an organized crime syndicate. If people want to give money to their church then that is their choice but then to claim it as a tax write off makes the intention of giving in the first place seem rather shady. Jesus told the people to pay their taxes!

A lot of charities or non profits should be taxed as well if they can't show that most of the income helps people rather than paying for high salaries and administrative costs. Trump had a charity which was just a scam to save on his taxes. I think he shut it down.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Weird View Post
    Hmm, since the abuse problem is proven to be an 80-84% a homosexual problem [and there is evidence that it is even higher], and you are saying that there might be less a problem if they were married, do you know any women who would want to marry a man (and have sons with him), in order to protect him from his desires to have sex with boys?

I don't.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm, since the abuse problem is proven to be an 80-84% a homosexual problem [and there is evidence that it is even higher], and you are saying that there might be less a problem if they were married, do you know any women who would want to marry a man (and have sons with him), in order to protect him from his desires to have sex with boys?

I don't.
    I think what Dr. W means is if priests were allowed to marry, more straight males would become priests, thereby reducing the number of homosexual priests. However, being homosexual does not make one more likely to molest children, being a pedophile does. The Catholic Church needs to do a better job screening candidates and punishing offenders in regards to pedophilia. Also, priests having sex with under age teens, whether male or female is considered rape. These people should be behind bars.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also allowance of gay marriage in the church might help further limit pedos ?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I am not sure if you are saying it is better because the boys are over 14 or that homosexuality is to blame. Maybe if it wasn't a sin a lot of young men who didn't want to sin wouldn't choose to become a priest because they felt they had to repress their natural desire to be in a relationship with a man. If they are devout Catholics I can see why joining the seminary is seen as the best option to lead a less sinful life. If they were embraced by the church their natural inclinations would not be internalized as wrong and they would be free to love who they want. I am sure gay men would still feel called but there would be fewer who joined because they could see no other options. Straight priest have sex with nuns and parishioners too. The reason the focus is on little boys is because girls are not allowed to be altar girls. There might be more cases involving girls if they were allowed to be.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW