Hybrid View

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Names left out, obviously. But saying how I was impacted is personal too, so you'd have to either be someone I know and trust or have a really good excuse for needing the data for statistical/scientific purposes. [...]
    Okay, beyond the parts that I did misunderstand... I've allowed myself to be a bit voyeuristic and checked out how much "friends" you have in your profile. It's 156. + it's also a "reskinned" profile as @Aylen's, which means that you and her manifest perfectly what Joseph Simone deems the "harmony & social role" aspect of the social instinct. You "groom"/manipulate your social self, prep it up and project it outwards, as if expecting to be recognized as (active) players in the game. So nope, no So blind spot there. + I think I'm late with this recognition bc I've already been feeling this topic is just a pretext for social interactions, it's not about people interested in or you allowing them to deeply look under your hood. This whole holding out all these fanciful theories to you on a silver platter (or rather dumping here in long quotes) is just a charade. It's either that someone just likes attention (and pretends not to understand) or that the socials use this whole typology milieu as the pretext for their transactions (and draw it out).
    Last edited by Neokortex; 01-18-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    Except for impaired empathy, an ordinary guy who's looking for down-to-earth, loving, loyal friends and a geeky, warm, voluptuous girlfriend!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neokortex View Post
    Okay, beyond the parts that I did misunderstand... I've allowed myself to be a bit voyeuristic and checked out how much "friends" you have in your profile. It's 156. + it's also a "reskinned" profile as @Aylen's, which means that you and her manifest perfectly what Joseph Simone deems the "harmony & social role" aspect of the social instinct. You "groom"/manipulate your social self, prep it up and project it outwards, as if expecting to be recognized as (active) players in the game. So nope, no So blind spot there. + I think I'm late with this recognition bc I've already been feeling this topic is just a pretext for social interactions, it's not about people interested in or you allowing them to deeply look under your hood. This whole holding out all these fanciful theories to you on a silver platter (or rather dumping here in long quotes) is just a charade. Women's mag's chatter.
    Reskinned? Meaning I changed the colors? How is that relevant? I like those colors.
    My forum friends list has been accumulated over 10 years and includes a lot of inactives. I don't prune it like I do my Facebook friends.

Deep interaction would be 1-1. I don't know why you would get the idea that it would be normal for anyone to reveal the mysteries of their heart on a public thread.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Sexuality isn't part of someone's Sexual instinct? You know, words have meaning, and the terms weren't chosen at random.

Without the sexual aspect there is no Sexual instinct.

Is there a Social instinct without the social aspect, is there a Self Preservation instinct without the self preservation aspect? If your answer to this is no, then the same goes for the Sexual instinct. If your answer is yes, then I am very delighted to read how you would rationalize that!
    I get your point but don't you think you're being awfully literal here? You can still be sx without sex, and I think that's what people are getting at. Here's a passage from Lolita that I think shows this, as the way it's described is totally sx but it's not sex, because, well in this scene they're kids! It's Humbert looking back on his life. There is definitely a "sexual" aspect to the scene, but I hope you get my point.

“All at once we were madly, clumsily, shamelessly, agonizingly in love with each other; hopelessly, I should add, because that frenzy of mutual possession might have been assuaged only by our actually imbibing and assimilating every particle of each other's soul and flesh; but there we were, unable even to mate as slum children would have so easily found an opportunity to do so.”