Thread: If I claimed no type, how do I appear to be to you?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    "I get deeply emotional easily yet her emotionality seemed vibrant and frivolous yet not fully extroverted. I don't know. It got me wondering if I am not an Fe type"

Why would that suggest not being an Fe type?
    An Fe leading type could view an SEI as being frivolous - they generally take emotions more seriously. That said, I wouldn't draw too much of a conclusion simply by finding differences between yourself and others who are supposedly of the same type.
    That's just it. I am trying to think of how to describe it but to compare our public manners, she seemed strongly feeler in HOW she engaged others and by comparison I felt like a calm and collected strong thinker. I can be a friendly to others but I never emotionally pressure people like she kept doing - as well as an ESE I used to know who was even worse.

When I give forum typings here I try to do so with enough evidence that even if I am wrong about my own type, the others hopefully are accurate or less often are off by a hair.

How do I resolve this F and T?
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    That's just it. I am trying to think of how to describe it but to compare our public manners, she seemed strongly feeler in HOW she engaged others and by comparison I felt like a calm and collected strong thinker. I can be a friendly to others but I never emotionally pressure people like she kept doing - as well as an ESE I used to know who was even worse.

When I give forum typings here I try to do so with enough evidence that even if I am wrong about my own type, the others hopefully are accurate or less often are off by a hair.

How do I resolve this F and T?
    You don't seem like a logical type to me. You do give arguments sometimes but you seem more concerned about promoting your theories and typings than justifying them.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Velvet View Post
    If I were to bet money(which I don't have), I would bet you were an intuitive and INxp. You seem rather flexible internally from what you write. Your writings are more along the line of what an intuitive would spend their time thinking about. SEIs aren't interested in these types of things, and if they are, they aren't SEI. Si and Se is really the absence of intuition, even if people around here don't want to admit it. If you are somewhere in the middle of S and N, you aren't either. Whatever is the largest discrepancy between everything else is your dominant realm. I wouldn't worry about the F and T. It is okay if you find balance between the two, there isn't a law or a scientific reason why it cannot be the case beyond l trying to adhere strictly to the theory. Intuitive introverts, people that are considered "open" in the Big Five, tend to be very aware of their emotions, as using intuition brings them into that realm of emotion and feeling. They are connected for them, especially "gut feelings". Something is telling you that you may not have yet found the right description for yourself.

You may also consider Ne, which is much more energetic and scattered than Ni. What do you resonate with the more?
    Well, my first reaction is that I resonate with Ne at my root and sacral chakras and how they energetically process information, and Ni at my solar plexus and heart chakras.

I am better at inductive thinking than analytical deductive thinking. I am too naturally creative to professionally take up an IT career despite having some programming experience. I find the narrow focus too unpleasant. It almost hurts. Most of my work experience is a split between thinker and feeler jobs but most of my professional positions have been in perhaps more possibilities oriented thinking roles. Plus mundane calculations. I studied physics mostly driven by interest because it wasn't always necessarily a piece of cake. I enjoyed Calculus II setting up double integrals to calculate the areas and volumes of different geometries by various self-chosen methods. I enjoyed differential equations immensely and was at the top of my class plus one of 2 women in the class. LaplDace transforms were actually a lot of fun. People my age were out having fun by hanging out socializing doing drugs having sex. Well my fun was Laplace transforms. I did only fair in algebra in the low grades because it was so boring to me. I usually had math teachers I didn't personally like then compared to college profs. And I was so bored with algebra I used to avoid homework and just cram 15 minutes before a unit test to get a C. As also mentioned in other threads, I am a highly imaginative person in that I am good at coming up with new ideas. But I get bored reading most mundane fiction, so I bored I can't finish books e.g. like Charles ickens Great Expectations. Too hard to concentrate on such fictitious mediocrity. I like Douglas Adams in short doses because his science fiction humor is zany and hilarious and really contrived.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 02-05-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    You don't seem like a logical type to me. You do give arguments sometimes but you seem more concerned about promoting your theories and typings than justifying them.
    That is because my thoughts run much faster than I can speak or type.

It is similar to the tedium of completing a mathematical proof. Often I just know the answer and don't want to run through every little step that proves the conclusion. I have encountered this often before while still having right answers in my formal education. Some things are just too tedious.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    That is because my thoughts run much faster than I can speak or type.

It is similar to the tedium of completing a mathematical proof. Often I just know the answer and don't want to run through every little step that proves the conclusion. I have encountered this often before while still having right answers in my formal education. Some things are just too tedious.
    It's not tedious to some people