Thread: Bates Motel

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Bates Motel

Thoughts on character types? I have some ideas and am still forming some, and will share them later in this thread.

Possible Spoilers in this thread.

Norma -
    Norman -
    Dylan -
    Emma -
    Bradley -
    Sheriff Romero -
    Caleb -
    Deputy Zack -

Feel free to add more characters.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Norman. He seems like a messed up 9 with possible 4 fix. It's been a while though, since I watched Bates Motel. He could be INFP on mbti, at least.
    Norma could possibly be IEI. I don't have any in-depth reasons for these as it's been several years since I watched the show.

I haven't watched the actual show beyond maybe 2 or 3 seasons, but I know the general direction it is heading in since I have watched Psycho. Anyways, here's a clip from the recent season (spoiler alert!):

It's possible he could be EII as well? 9 sp/sx?
    Last edited by VenusRose; 01-09-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I like Norman. He seems like a messed up 9 with possible 4 fix. It's been a while though, since I watched Bates Motel. He could be INFP on mbti, at least.
    Norma could possibly be IEI. I don't have any in-depth reasons for these as it's been several years since I watched the show.

I haven't watched the actual show beyond maybe 2 or 3 seasons, but I know the general direction it is heading in since I have watched Psycho. Anyways, here's a clip from the recent season (spoiler alert!):

It's possible he could be EII as well? 9 sp/sx?
    I was thinking NF for Norman as well.

Anyways here are my current thoughts:

Norma - SLE or SEE, she definitely seems to be Se valuing and I'm leaning more towards SLE
    Norman - IEI - schizophrenic which makes it weird
    Dylan - SLI
    Emma - EII
    Bradley - SEI?
    Sheriff Romero - LSE or LSI?
    Caleb - SLI
    Deputy Zack - EIE?

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se ego for Norma...?! Could you explain...?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Se ego for Norma...?! Could you explain...?
    She's very assertive and dominating, very up front about things. Not in the flashbacks with her abusive husbands of course but that's really just a victim of circumstance from my perspective.

- She calls out that one board member for being a dick when she makes her proposals for the bypass
    - Hippies smoking weed on the front porch of her motel and she berates/put them in their place with ease
    - Breaks into a club/party to search for missing girl
    - Uses flash-drive with backing of Romero to blackmail a large drug player/boss, which she does straight to him in a face to face meeting
    - Breaks into Romeros house to find the flash-drive and continues to search even after he comes back and asks what she's doing with his gun out

Just some of the things I've noticed that make me think she is an Se base.

Overall I think she's very much the type of person who goes out and makes things happen through sheer force of will, she's very spontaneous and good at improvising and doesn't think of consequences until after the fact.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    She's very assertive and dominating, very up front about things. Not in the flashbacks with her abusive husbands of course but that's really just a victim of circumstance from my perspective.

- She calls out that one board member for being a dick when she makes her proposals for the bypass
    - Hippies smoking weed on the front porch of her motel and she berates/put them in their place with ease
    - Breaks into a club/party to search for missing girl
    - Uses flash-drive with backing of Romero to blackmail a large drug player/boss, which she does straight to him in a face to face meeting
    - Breaks into Romeros house to find the flash-drive and continues to search even after he comes back and asks what she's doing with his gun out

Just some of the things I've noticed that make me think she is an Se base.

Overall I think she's very much the type of person who goes out and makes things happen through sheer force of will, she's very spontaneous and good at improvising and doesn't think of consequences until after the fact.
    I guess EIE could be very possible for her, she has the "theatricality" of one. I don't think the Se is strong enough to be in her ego block, specially compared to Fe. Overall I mean, I feel like though she has the assertive energy to her as well, she is more theatrical/hysterical - specially in getting her way! She uses that more than Se, I feel like.

I mean she is usually like this:

also shows the creepy incestuous tone to their relationship

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess EIE could be very possible for her, she has the "theatricality" of one. I don't think the Se is strong enough to be in her ego block, specially compared to Fe. Overall I mean, I feel like though she has the assertive energy to her as well, she is more theatrical/hysterical - specially in getting her way! She uses that more than Se, I feel like.

I mean she is usually like this:

also shows the creepy incestuous tone to their relationship
    Her and Norman are both very Beta theatrical I agree.

I was just thinking that the way she tends to be in those circumstances as well (up to 2 minutes which is then Normans' Norma), she will generally try to appear sweet and kind but then as soon as it doesn't work she will become very direct and forceful. There's a lot of spontaneous aggression and confrontational behavior in her, I would say more so than any kind of emotional manipulation, which she fails to use effectively most of the time, or if it is successful, it is short lived and she returns to Se shortly after.

Overall, definitely a Beta extrovert, I'm still more inclined to think SLE, but EIE would be a more plausible typing than SEE or something.

She's also a bit psychotic so that might amplify her direct behavior.