Thread: Can you help? Am I ENFp or INFp?

Hybrid View

TIM
    not this again
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    This was the most self aware and honest Delta NF self-spoof I've seen hahah, well done.
    Thanks

In the MBTI community there's a running joke/stereotype, cause there's a TON of NFPs mistyping as NFJs in MBTI, and Your own reasoning largely highlights why.
    I can sort of see why. And since it's a stereotype, like you said, and my spoof was also a stereotype, it might be useful to stress that I actually believe I do have incredible depth of insight, especially into myself but also to others, it's just not something I advertise and no way will I ever let anyone near those morasses and cesspools of my inner world. I have, it was not pretty for both parties, I'm not ready to trust anyone like that. Don't know that I ever will be.

That said, I'm glad You're coming to a sense of resolution on the matter, and that the thread's been helpful. I still don't see how You're IEE, that is to say Program Ne over Program Fi, but so be it. I recommend reading the articles on this site on both types, as well as PoLR Ti vs PoLR Se (along with the Program Ne/Fi obviously) for further clarification.
    I'd say PoLR Se sounds pretty spot on. PoLR Ti sounds like me too but didn't give me the same emotional reaction.

Gonna reiterate a few things here:

You said that when You were young that novelty was seen as an attack on Yourself. This doesn't really make any sense for a Program Ne AFAIK. The way it was also experienced so personally as well speaks to Fi.
    I gave a possible explanation for this state in my youth in another post, let me find it... it's on the bottom here.

The video lines I transcribed as well:

""Valuing myself... is a value.... in itself. Thanks to valuing myself, I can.... be independent of others, of their influence, and I can be safe in myself to connect with others, without the need to, sort of, 'blend' with them. But, that connection is.... incredibly important to me; I mean, without feeling connection to other people, I wither away and die. So, I guess, being close to others, being authentic with others, being able to be open with others, that is what is important to me."

It does sound like Fi dominant. Hum. Were I to give myself more time to think about things, my answer could not have been this. But I didn't want to make people wait for me in the vid and I actually was startled at that question so I answered with what felt like the easiest thing to talk about.

I'm still adamantly agree with Beautiful Sky. You're an EII. Just my two cents. If You're truly IEE then You'd be IEE-Fi.
    [/QUOTE]
    Beautiful Sky changed her view on me based on further VI. She decided I was ENFp.

Hey, thanks for thinking about this stuff, I appreciate it!

TIM
    not this again
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been reading about information elements and functions and Ne/Ni as lower functions struck me as something familiar but I have a hard time putting my finger on it.

I generally dislike exploring ideas like 'what would it be like to walk on the Moon?' or 'what superpower would you choose if you could have one?'. Topics like that irk me. There's no connection to reality, or to me personally, I would not be able to experience that so WHY BOTHER THINKING ABOUT IT, YOU'RE WASTING MY TIME. I don't usually get angry at topics of conversation but these mildly irritate me and I see them as childish flights of fancy for some reason. I find that weird because I recognize these are innocent questions and there's nothing wrong with imagining things. But these are just... what's the point? It's not entertaining, it's not interesting, it's gibberish and excessive. (Whenever I a man asks me one of these questions, and that happens a lot to me somehow, I throw up a bit in my mouth.)

I also dislike it when I talk with my best friend about her problems and at the end of the conversation she says things like 'this could play out in so many ways... the future could bring anything...' and she's very prone to generalizations like that. I mean, if you wanna talk about different scenarios, sure, I can help coming up with them, I have no problem with that, although I think that's just excessive worry generation and bad for you. Again, this irks me. Why would you try to somehow charm the future by trying to predict it? Why not concentrate on things that are currently happening within you and trace them back to things that brought you here and see them for what they are and then make a conscious decision as to what you want to do instead of letting 'the world' happen around you while you just adjust yourself to it? I guess that's my calling for her agency --something we both lack so that's why it irritates me so much .

Sounds Ignoring/Demonstrative Ne or am I misunderstanding things?