Thread: Can you help? Am I ENFp or INFp?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheMoon View Post
    Umm, depth I guess. I have very few close friends, three maybe. Even with them I'm not really able to open up and show my whole self but I do long for that deep connection. Then there are some friends that I like to socialize with just to have fun. Then there's the group from my studies I mentioned in my first post, but that's a different sort of connection and it only happens rarely when we have some bigger party or get-together.

Searching for outside validation sounds like me, sadly. I'm working on being more sustainable and only having to consult my inner self for expertise on myself but it's hard.
    Don’t be sad. You are wonderful the way that you are. The more that you understand yourself and the better that you are able to communicate the deeper the relationship ma you will be able to build.

Remember being your twin how you feel is the same feeling that exists and swells inside of me.

So I feel you well. I feel your reservations about opening up your secret recesses and being understood deeply only to be hurt and misunderstood or not accepted.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    not this again
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Don’t be sad. You are wonderful the way that you are. The more that you understand yourself and the better that you are able to communicate the deeper the relationship ma you will be able to build.

Remember being your twin how you feel is the same feeling that exists and swells inside of me.

So I feel you well. I feel your reservations about opening up your secret recesses and being understood deeply only to be hurt and misunderstood or not accepted.
    That's really kind and you described it well. I hope for understanding but fear it won't come and so I almost never open up.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheMoon View Post
    That's really kind and you described it well. I hope for understanding but fear it won't come and so I almost never open up.
    I do
    And you bring tears to my eyes in my own self reflection.
    I have grown a lot.
    One advice if I may leave you...love openly and without shame.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    not this again
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I do
    And you bring tears to my eyes in my own self reflection.
    I have grown a lot.
    One advice if I may leave you...love openly and without shame.
    Aww . Isn't it great to look back and see our own growth. I sometimes do that too and get moved deeply by it. Glad you resonated with my writing so much! <3
    I, in turn, resonate with your advice. Let's leave it at that for now .