Thread: Can you help? Am I ENFp or INFp?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheMoon View Post
    Oh, I didn't even notice I used 'I love' that many times. I wonder if I do that in Polish as well, or is it something I picked up from the language in the movies I watch. Nevermind thought!

Hey, I did notice that similarity the moment I saw your avatar! It was freaky.

Will do, thanks!

When you were young and judgemental you were exercising your ethics on people. It is often the case with younger INFj who get into the “training “ of being Delta by asserting superiority of their opinions. It’s quite natural and it’s also very judgemental which is exactly how Fi works in any way. Now that you are older are you kinder and more sympathetic to people?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    not this again
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post

When you were young and judgemental you were exercising your ethics on people. It is often the case with younger INFj who get into the “training “ of being Delta by asserting superiority of their opinions. It’s quite natural and it’s also very judgemental which is exactly how Fi works in any way. Now that you are older are you kinder and more sympathetic to people?
    I believe I am. I've had my friends tell me that I'm the kind of person everybody likes and I replied saying that I also like pretty much everyone. It's true, I just don't normally have reasons to not like someone. I also feel like I don't have to try to be kind and sympathetic, I just am and it comes from genuinely being interested in others and wanting to resonate with them on some level.

I like what you said about me exercising my ethics in my youth. It did feel like a phase I had to go through to understand and appreciate the things 'on the other side'.

Ok, so some say IEE for me and you say EII. I gotta do my research into EII now.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheMoon View Post
    I believe I am. I've had my friends tell me that I'm the kind of person everybody likes and I replied saying that I also like pretty much everyone. It's true, I just don't normally have reasons to not like someone. I also feel like I don't have to try to be kind and sympathetic, I just am and it comes from genuinely being interested in others and wanting to resonate with them on some level.

I like what you said about me exercising my ethics in my youth. It did feel like a phase I had to go through to understand and appreciate the things 'on the other side'.

Ok, so some say IEE for me and you say EII. I gotta do my research into EII now.
    Okay do your research but you should know one difference between them. INFj have a hard time seeing and reading themselves and need an extrovert to validate things about them and to tell them what they see. And, IEE don’t

You can ask @Eliza Thomason about that. She’s one of my dear forum friends and an IEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html