Thread: Can you help? Am I ENFp or INFp?

Threaded View

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheMoon View Post
    Hi!
    Yo.

When I was younger, I used to be terribly judgmental. I would be very closed off to novel ideas, other points of view and treated them as attacks on myself. I would judge everyone and for just about anything: the way they looked, the clothes they wore, the way they spoke, what they liked... I would also be quite open about those judgments to the extent that some people closer to me started telling me I was nasty and they didn't feel good around me. That prompted me to finally check what I was doing and why I was doing it.
    Sounds like behavior that Delta NFs would be aghast over. Is your change in behavior authentic for you or an imposition due to social expectations?

I normally can never do anything routinely, I get bored very easily and can never see a point of doing the same thing over and over. I work in random bursts of energy.
    Ne-valuers often seem to explicitly want routine that doesn't require much mental presence, either for a sense of security in repetition or to enable them to daydream about things outside of the job that actually do interest them.

I'm a messy person because I'm not bothered by things being "out of place". I just somehow don't see them.
    Sounds like weak Si (unvalued?) or you have self-preservation low in your Enneagram.

I'm not great with money... was actually living with a long time boyfriend up until a couple months ago and he was earning enough that I didn't have to worry about money at all. I'm now on my own and I'm learning to manage it and am often surprised at how I can't estimate how much I need.
    Weak Te? Valued or unvalued?

I often forget about my body needs, especially when I'm occupied with something that interests me: I forget to drink and eat and I don't notice that I'm sitting in an uncomfortable position until the pain is really loud.
    Again weak Si.

When thinking about a problem or learning, I like to see as many points of view as possible at first, to recognize my options, and then to work my way to some synthesis
    Sounds very Ni. Ego or Demonstrative?

I made a video of myself answering some of the questions in the questionnaire I found but my phone cut it after 10 minutes. If that's not enough material, let me know, I'll upload the other part I recorded after this.
    Hmm. You say a lot of things in the video that sound antagonistic of Se (is this because super-ego Se or social expectation?). Some things which are stereotypically Fi (vocal concern for authenticity as a central value). Your space looks pretty minimalistic-yet-comfy (did you clean up for the video or are you only okay with "mess" compared to people that are really anal about that sort of thing?). You're cute but obviously anxious and I get the impression that a lot of Delta NFs give me--that if I were in the same room I'd have to be very careful not to break the Delta NF like something made out of porcelain until that got too tiring and I'd want to start trolling the person.

Leaning Delta-NF from the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumes View Post
    I am between ENFp and INFp myself at the moment but I'm fairly young (18) and although I've been told there's no rush, I don't seem to listen to advice. The section where you spoke about how judgemental you were as a youngling hits home as it resembles my somewhat purist-elitist attitude when it comes to certain topics. Yes, I'm working on that
    You're a beta, dude. Accept it. You respond to beta quadra values like a beta, and specifically unlike a Delta, every time they're expressed.
    Last edited by Sisyphean; 01-09-2019 at 02:45 PM.
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."