Thread: Help me determine type

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your questionnaire also has lots of power relations themes, it's a consistent image. For one, in the kind of people you admire and why: people who are powerful, people who went out and got what they wanted, etc.

It's interesting that you chose your career based on what someone else said... suggests weak intuition if not Ni.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Your questionnaire also has lots of power relations themes, it's a consistent image. For one, in the kind of people you admire and why: people who are powerful, people who went out and got what they wanted, etc.

It's interesting that you chose your career based on what someone else said... suggests weak intuition if not Ni.
    I hear what you're saying, does that necessarily make me Se though? I read how Si is all about comfort and convenience and that's a lot of what I'm about as well, too much so as a kid. I got lazy and fat. Still am pretty lazy. I also don't really do much to pursue power especially in a hierarchal sense. I have no desire to climb ranks at my job although its a large corporation. I'm more focused on getting home so I can go work out then eat shower smoke weed and play video games while hanging out with my girlfriend ( we live together).

doesn't that point more to Si? I seek comfort throughout the day more than power. I could be misunderstanding all this.

yesterday was my day off from work. All I did was go to my good friend's house, smoke with him. Went to get lunch with my girlfriend at her job. Came home, took a nap. woke up smoked again played some civilization 6 and basically just kept smoking and chilling on my phone reading random stuff on reddit I'm interested in and rotating that between laying down with the phone, without it, or going on the pc to continue civ. Seems like a leisure/comfort focused day rather than any power seeking behavior.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    I hear what you're saying, does that necessarily make me Se though? I read how Si is all about comfort and convenience and that's a lot of what I'm about as well, too much so as a kid. I got lazy and fat. Still am pretty lazy. I also don't really do much to pursue power especially in a hierarchal sense. I have no desire to climb ranks at my job although its a large corporation. I'm more focused on getting home so I can go work out then eat shower smoke weed and play video games while hanging out with my girlfriend ( we live together).

doesn't that point more to Si? I seek comfort throughout the day more than power. I could be misunderstanding all this.

yesterday was my day off from work. All I did was go to my good friend's house, smoke with him. Went to get lunch with my girlfriend at her job. Came home, took a nap. woke up smoked again played some civilization 6 and basically just kept smoking and chilling on my phone reading random stuff on reddit I'm interested in and rotating that between laying down with the phone, without it, or going on the pc to continue civ. Seems like a leisure/comfort focused day rather than any power seeking behavior.
    If you're asking whether Se types can be lazy and fat, then yes, I don't see why not. For them, leisure is about consumption rather than relaxation, though this distinction may not be easy to see in someone's leisure activities alone.

But socionics is not just about behavior, it's about motivations and how you conceive of the world. If you're set on being Si ego then LSE is far, far, far more likely than SLI. If Se is something you use automatically, without having it as a true priority, then it could be your demonstrative function.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<double post>
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-28-2019 at 11:22 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post

That sounds amazing to me.

I agree that you’re SLE lol and I like you. I also have many Si, SEE etc qualities.

And fwiw I typed as ENFJ under MBTI for a few years too in my late teens before I was shown Socionics and SLE descriptions by an IEI girlfriend of mine who used to come onto this forum.

It’s more complicated but if you’re interested in what explains the Si-ness, Bukalov gives SLEs +Si and -Se with signed functions. In other words we want to reduce negative aspects of Se and increase the positive impacts of Si even though we have Si in our Id and ignore it and lead with -Se. I think this leads to SLEs wanting control of themselves and force/violence in order to not create more needlessly. Gamma and delta quadra have +Se and it’s a different story.
    Last edited by sbbds; 02-28-2019 at 10:32 AM.