Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
This is Se "letting them feel my presence" (Se is more about presence, energy, etc)

You are definitely SLE

You have that protective nature and your words have a lot of values behind them.
Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
I disagree lol, I think You sound like an admirable man, but it's SLE nature to downplay his own goodness, because his Dual does not require overt expressions to read someone's ethical standing and potential. There's a time and a place for anger and aggression, and You wear it well, and commit it to worthy cause, that is what an honorable man does, as how one wield's his strength is more significant than whether or not he has strength. Yes, SLE is very amenable to being positively ethically evaluated. Having it reinforced that he is a good person is an important part of SLE/IEI duality:

"To the ESTp it is also important that he is perceived not only as he appears to be, but also as he could potentially be if he's treated and related to well. It is important that he is received and evaluated not only as he is, but also taking into consideration his positive ethical potential. (Precisely what his dual, the IEI, sees and evaluates well.) The SLE doesn't bring up immediately how he can be good, but speaks about this in hints and sometimes in jest. He is sufficiently prudent to not talk of this openly and directly. In addition, it seems out of place and inappropriate to him to voice praises to himself (since he is subconsiously oriented at his dual who sees this well)."

SLE, as I thought. Interesting You got TI subtype. Massive Beta Quadra values result hahah, similar to my own:

My Socionics Result 1.jpg

I'm unsure just how new to Socionics You are, but I'd be happy to provide a crash course on some of the subsystems, since You seem to have a grasp of the basics. The popular model of Socionics most of us are tacitly using here on the forums is called Model A. The +/- component is an addition onto the standard IEs (Information Element, known as "Functions" in MBTI) that augments their temperament/nature, and is a component of Model B, Bukalov's Signage. Bukalov's Signage is also present, AFAIK, in Model G (Gulenko's model), which handles and emphasizes elements in Model A distinctly. Finally, here's a link on functional dimensionality ,and (just for some added flavor and fun) have an article on functional semantics.

Bukalov's Signage:
Socionics Functiona + -.jpg

Signage correlation to type:
Socionics Functional Model.png

Triangles are Intuition
Circles are Sensing
Squares are Thinking
Steps are Feeling
White is Introverted and black is Extroverted

If there's anything I can do to help, message me anytime. I'll add You to my contacts, and of course I can respond to anything else here. You want basic or more in-depth teaching on anything Typology related (Including other systems, eg. Enneagram, Instinct Variant, MBTI, Temperaments, Astrology, etc) I've got social media, skype, or whatever You prefer. Throw me a line sometime if You're down.

Update: I'm actually a very Introverted-looking EIE afterall hahah. No matter, as Beta NF and Beta ST are wired for each other, and they get along wonderfully regardless.
Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
That does seem like strong Ti
firstly I wanna apologize for not being on here, I got pretty busy with life and barely had time to browse this forum let alone construct a post addressing all of you. However I do wanna thank you all for your time and participating in helping me as well!. ESTp seemed plausible for me, however after reading more descriptions of each type and using the Oldham description, I have concluded along with 2 close friends and my girlfriend that I am ISTp and she is actually my dual ENFp. Our relationship is very similar to what ENFp/ISTp duality is and I also relate to the description on sociotype.com I never really related to the ESTp functional description but I related to the SE subtype description heavily. While with ISTp, almost every functional analysis is pretty on point with my personality and the 3 previously mentioned people agreed.

if anyone disagrees or has any insights/questions I'm all ears, but for the first time since I started reading socionics I feel like the type I have identified with feels right with me. ESTp sounded right and I thought it fit, but some parts don't. It also kinda just never felt right to me hence the creation of this thread. ISTp sounds AND feels right though.

are you sure you might not be delta NF lynx? we seem to be getting along pretty well for conflictors lol

my username is also named after Jamie Lannister in Game of Thrones - one of my favorite characters, along with the Hound and Jon Snow... Pretty sure Jamie is ISTp and this forum seems to agree on the game of thrones thread, but all 3 are definitely fi-valuers. Seems odd for Fi-polr to enjoy Fi-Valuing character's so much lol.