Thread: Socionics Experience Inventory

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Socionics Experience Inventory

1. What year did you discover and start seriously studying socionics?

2. MBTI?

3. Have you ever read Carl Jung's works on cognitive functional definitions in detail?

4. About how many socionics websites have you studied?

5. About how many socionics MBTI and general typology books have you ever read, including astrology and enneagram?

6. In what year were you born ~ to gauge cumulative life experiences by quantity?

7. Have you LIVED mostly like an extrovert or an introvert (regardless of your type)?

8. Have you ever studied VI through various methods at great length? How?

9. Have you dated a lot of people? (Update by Tallmo)

10. How many MBTI &/or Socionics Test results have you collected from people you know well? (Update)
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 01-16-2019 at 03:59 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2. MBTI?

3. Have you ever read Carl Jung's works on cognitive functional definitions in detail?

Yes!

At least 9

5. About how many socionics MBTI and general typology books have you ever read, including astrology and enneagram?

Over 60

6. In what year were you born ~ to gauge cumulative life experiences by quantity?

7. Have you LIVED mostly like an extrovert or an introvert (regardless of your type)?

Highly sensitive introvert

Yes ~ first photos e.g. celeb typings from various sources, sketches from 2 sources, watching films of Socionics.com celebs and studying their mannerisms and facial expressions, doing comparisons of such observations among people I encounter in my own life.

9. I didn't start until I was 17 and am mostly prone to long-term relationships versus bouts of singleness. I have been dates and pseudodates with under 50 people for sure. I tend to have many more friendly relations than romantic encounters.

10. At least 24 other people I've known well have taken an MBTI or socionics type test and let me know the results. Some are accurate, some are not.

ENTP 1
    ESFJ 1
    XSFJ 2
    INTJ 3
    INFP 4
    ENFP 3
    ISTJ 3
    ISFJ 1
    ENTJ 2
    ESTJ 2
    INFJ 1
    IXFJ 1

I should also add that I correlated the cognitive functions to the traditional astrological archetypes via independent studies as well as Eastern Hexagrams (I ching) states of consciousness and regions of the brain as related to contemporary cognitive science research on my own. I have done my own esoteric studies and innovative energy experiments to manipulate experiences in standard settings, interact with and study unknowing subjects and gained many insights into other types empathically. I have also devoted much free time to logically sorting out the contradictions in data and weeding out of many false assumptions from popularly published data and theories.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 01-17-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^

Please post your credentials accordingly. Many thanks in advance. This could be a great benefit on the forum to help everyone know where each other is coming from when they type and discuss.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of this stuff has any bearing on whether someone knows socionics, except the first one, somewhat (you need at least a few years to get good at it).

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*hugs silky*

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    None of this stuff has any bearing on whether someone knows socionics, except the first one, somewhat (you need at least a few years to get good at it).
    Everyone starts learning from somewhere. This educational survey can be very helpful to see where others are coming from in their personal histories. It is most relevant. To say it has no bearing is like walking into a professional law job interview with no exposure to the subject in any formal or informal training and no experience, and claim knowledge of law is irrelevant to being a good lawyer.

Some may achieve mastery more quickly and get lucky with right vs bad sources more than others. Tracking references can help ease the ongoing problem of lacking consensus and why.
    ~* astralsilky

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post

2. MBTI?
    ...is a beta version of Socionics. I discovered MBTI in 2008 and typed ISFP. Funny how I managed to type myself correctly back then without Socionics knowledge.

Some of it. I'm thinking of reading "Psychological types". But I know alot about jung's general psychology.

I don't know. Rick's site "Socionics in the west" was of great help. But it doesn't matter so much, real life is more important.

5. About how many socionics MBTI and general typology books have you ever read, including astrology and ennegram?
    zero

I think I belong to the older spectrum of this forum.

Introvert

No. But just from experience I can sometimes type people very fast. But it is not a consistent method. Sometimes I need more time, sometimes I know instantly what type someone is.

dating people helps alot too, so you could include it as 9)
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone starts learning from somewhere. This educational survey can be very helpful to see where others are coming from in their personal histories. It is most relevant. To say it has no bearing is like walking into a professional law job interview with no exposure to the subject in any formal or informal training and no experience, and claim knowledge of law is irrelevant to being a good lawyer.

Some may achieve mastery more quickly and get lucky with right vs bad sources more than others. Tracking references can help ease the ongoing problem of lacking consensus and why.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discover: 2015; Study 2018

2. MBTI?

Discover: long ass time ago; study: ditto

lolno

after the death of Christ and before the current moment

Intro

Nope

1 for 12 years. 3 prior to that.

10. How many MBTI &/or Socionics Test results have you collected from people you know well? (Update)

5 or 6
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As nice as your intentions maybe, I can potentially see this information used to silence newer members with valuable insights that conflict with someone else's. There's too much type related biases going on here, that I must decline.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to understand that comparing Socionics to a standardized system of education that has been rigorously studied is faulty at best? There's no one here to administer socionics exams, or test people's knowledge. So the comparison is faulty. Then how would you be able to relate this to a person's experience? Who is more correct? A person with limited understanding of socionic, or a person with vast incorrect knowledge? I think that is hotel's point. In your opinion, is there a way to overcome this dilemma? I'm interested in improving the system as well.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I updated my answer for #10 as I remembered more people I have known well, not including the 2 I don't know well.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    As nice as your intentions maybe, I can potentially see this information used to silence newer members with valuable insights that conflict with someone else's. There's too much type related biases going on here, that I must decline.
    I recommend that no one else responds either, for this reason.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing wrong with posting experience credentials in a public forum. If others would like to gain headway in understanding and reaching more consensus in Socionics, this thread is only a natural and logical consideration in that research.

This is not a place for intimidation against posting nor personal attacks.

Feel free to share you experience so that others might have an understanding of where you are coming from when you post data. It could help a lot.

Scholars don't throw out bibliographies and job applicants don't burn resumes before applying. The potential usefulness of this thread is obvious, coupled with applying a little common sense.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    You have to understand that comparing Socionics to a standardized system of education that has been rigorously studied is faulty at best? There's no one here to administer socionics exams, or test people's knowledge. So the comparison is faulty. Then how would you be able to relate this to a person's experience? Who is more correct? A person with limited understanding of socionic, or a person with vast incorrect knowledge? I think that is hotel's point. In your opinion, is there a way to overcome this dilemma? I'm interested in improving the system as well.
    This

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    This
    Irrelevant. And highly unlikely. Who here is arrogant and omniscient enough to make this kind of criticism?

Let the users decide for themselves. This is a free inquiry forum. I want to see more people contribute to this thread so I can see where they are coming from, and I am not the only one.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Irrelevant. And highly unlikely. Who here is arrogant and omniscient enough to make this kind of criticism?

Let the users decide for themselves. This is a free inquiry forum. I want to see more people contribute to this thread so I can see where they are coming from, and I am not the only one.
    I agreed with her, yes, but I don't care who posts on your thread.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who here is arrogant and omniscient enough to make this kind of criticism?
    I am.

TIM
    IEI-Ni2 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017;2019

2. MBTI?

No

2-ish

Extremely introverted

No

No

5-ish