Thread: Could you type this, er...Friend??? of mine?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plumes View Post
    I tried. She doesn't want to LOL. She doesn't do anything at my suggestion nowadays. Nearly at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumes View Post
    Yeah, If I am to have a chance at convincing her to take a test, I'll have to wait until we're on good terms again.
    Part of the reason I guessed ESI/Benefit is because the interactions that you described reminded me of those I witnessed between an IEI and her ESI employee. At first, everything seemed fine between them. They worked fairly well together and even hung out sometimes after work. But after a couple years, the ESI gave two months notice because she needed more hours than the IEI could give her, then the IEI fired her on the spot for being ungrateful, and the ESI cut her off completely.

Benefit is when you want to help someone and they want to be around you, but somehow the Beneficiary doesn't "get" the help being offered and suddenly it's personal.
    On the other hand, you still inherently see the person as being fascinating (the Beneficiary) or worthy of your help (the Benefactor), and so Rinse, Repeat.

This is actually a pretty good proof of the validity of Socionics. Otherwise, why would you keep changing your mind about a person after the same bad things keep happening?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Part of the reason I guessed ESI/Benefit is because the interactions that you described reminded me of those I witnessed between an IEI and her ESI employee. At first, everything seemed fine between them. They worked fairly well together and even hung out sometimes after work. But after a couple years, the ESI gave two months notice because she needed more hours than the IEI could give her, then the IEI fired her on the spot for being ungrateful, and the ESI cut her off completely.

Benefit is when you want to help someone and they want to be around you, but somehow the Beneficiary doesn't "get" the help being offered and suddenly it's personal.
    On the other hand, you still inherently see the person as being fascinating (the Beneficiary) or worthy of your help (the Benefactor), and so Rinse, Repeat.

This is actually a pretty good proof of the validity of Socionics. Otherwise, why would you keep changing your mind about a person after the same bad things keep happening?
    I've made this thread partly because I did not, could not, figure out what I did wrong during this whole time. It seemed to be a neverending cycle-- Normally I'd just be able to track the tread and mess I've made in a relationship and easily figure out the root of the problem. But there is a certain fog surrounding this situation, and no matter how much I went back I couldn't find a clear reason for why our friendship is the way it is. Instead, I had to retort to telling myself that we are just not meant to be (close) friends due to how different we are.

ITRs can undoubtedly fail. But it does shed a little bit of light on the "whys" of what happened so far between us. I think I'll always come back to her, after a while. Not sure how willing she is to come back, though. But if she did in April, after all those years, I think she'd do the same, sooner or later.
    ITRs are still better than the fog, though, so I'll take it over just "we're not meant to be friends" any day. IF I actually am IEI after all. : P
    This could or could not be a clue that I could use to find my type, for the reasons mentioned earlier, about the shitty parenting and such. ITRs are not gospel and in this case, knowing what I know about her background and such, I still take them with a grain of salt.

aaaaaaaah, i'm torn between the world of disbelief and the world of socionics
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector