Whether or not they're correct or not isn't what I'm getting at here, I'm trying to see whether or not they differ or not. The MBTI test itself is a fucking trainwreck and so is most of the content around it and I don't want to try defending it. Anyways, as far as I know, Myers-Briggs intended that the dichotomies were supposed to be a way for figuring out one's type as defined by functions and viewed the 16 types as defined by both their function stacks and dichotomy preferences,or at least that's what I understand from reading her book Gifts Differing, and didn't decide later on to include functions and deliberately changed their definitions from Jung in order to make them compatible, and most of her function descriptions line up with Jung's as far as I'm aware. Maybe that's the case for the wider online MBTI community, but I already stated that I'm talking about MBTI as based on the works of authors who have been most influential on the subject and not the way that community interprets their works.
The archetypes may be similar but I don't care about that since what I'm talking about here is the types as described on the basis of specific functions.