TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    So you are uninvestedly trying to stir up shit
    Christ. I shouldn't have to spell every little thing out just to have my viewpoint understood. It's simple - I'm not complaining about pain, I'm complaining about truth value. To wit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    I understand exactly what she means. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm complaining that Socionics doesn't reflect reality. Period.
    If I was uninvested in the truth value of Socionics, I wouldn't be making this thread or churning out textwalls.

You are correct in saying that I'm stirring shit, though. If we don't stir shit sometimes, if dialogue and argument ceases, then we stop thinking.

To paraphrase John Stewart Mill, if public discourse experiences a standstill, then arguments become stale, shallow husks of their former selves - everyone loses because those of every viewpoint eventually even forget their own reasons for holding their positions.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christ. I shouldn't have to spell every little thing out just to have my viewpoint understood. It's simple - I'm not complaining about pain, I'm complaining about truth value. To wit:

If I was uninvested in the truth value of Socionics, I wouldn't be making this thread or churning out textwalls.

You are correct in saying that I'm stirring shit, though. If we don't stir shit sometimes, if dialogue and argument ceases, then we stop thinking.

To paraphrase John Stewart Mill, if public discourse experiences a standstill, then arguments become stale, shallow husks of their former selves - everyone loses because those of every viewpoint eventually even forget their own reasons for holding their positions.
    I’m sorry but you’re obviously casting pain in a negative light, and it generally is seen as negative anyway. That you don’t seem to want to acknlowdge this doesn’t change the reality. If you don’t want to be misconstrued, don’t be easily misconstruable.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don’t want to be misconstrued, don’t be easily misconstruable.
    I already clarified what my position was.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already clarified what my position was.
    A bit later on though, just like how you edited your post a bit later on after just mentioning thehotelambush’s name, a single user even after saying “userS”. It’s too little and too late.

Hope you don’t wrongly accuse me of misinterpreting you or putting words in your mouth again here too.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m sorry but you’re obviously casting pain in a negative light, and it generally is seen as negative anyway. That you don’t seem to want to acknlowdge this doesn’t change the reality. If you don’t want to be misconstrued, don’t be easily misconstruable.
    The fact that you interpret it as such says more about you than it says about me. This isn't the first time you accused me of "complaining" about something when I did no such thing. Just a short time ago, you accused me of "complaining" about hostility on the internet, and made my comment all about you by assuming that I even had you in mind. In reality, I was simply making a neutral observation about internet user activity, calmly pressing keys on my keyboard. But I'm sure that won't stop you from assuming you can read my mind the next time around, or assuming that my comment has something to do with you.

Do you have a specific quote in mind?

I don’t want this to turn into a witch hunt, mind you. The DSM is full of issues as well, and there’s a lot that’s yet to be explained by medical science, but especially when it comes to the psychiatric field.

I just had dinner the other day with a top doctor at the top university in Japan (an SLE-leaning beta ST btw) and I deal with international high-ranking medical professionals FWIW wrt where my perspective on this comes from. Not just talking out of my ass here.
    It doesn't take credentials or connections to understand that the DSM undergoes revisions because it's fallible, and the medical community requires updated iterations of the DSM to accommodate for new findings and refined ways of understanding mental disorders.

I'm not going to directly quote thehotelambush because doing so would escalate into a witch hunt by poking him with a notification. You want to find out what his stance on the DSM is, or his stance on psychology is in general? Look through his posting history. You don't want to start a witch hunt? Don't ask me to drop names.

But let's look at a comment made earlier in this thread, that "negativity=negativism."

Was it assumed that negativity was due to contra-flow instinct? No.

Was it assumed that negativity was due to counterphobic traits? No.

Was it assumed that negativity was due to introversion and therefore psychological distance from objective factors, such as conventional wisdom? No.

Was it assumed that negativity was due to depression? No.

Was it assumed that negativity had anything to do with legitimate criticisms? Absolutely not.

Because Reinin is Jesus Christ on a cracker. And Reinin demands that we overlook the general psyche to accommodate for Reinin. Which means that we overlook factors that determine compatibility.

And most importantly, Reinin demands that legitimate criticism be ignored and contorted to conform to Reinin's theory. Because that's the only way Reinin will give us salvation.
    A bit later on though, just like how you edited your post a bit later on after just mentioning thehotelambush’s name, a single user even after saying “userS”. It’s too little and too late.

Hope you don’t wrongly accuse me of misinterpreting you or putting words in your mouth again here too.
    You did wrongly misinterpret me. "Too little too late?" Lol.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that you interpret it as such says more about you than it says about me. This isn't the first time you accused me of "complaining" about something when I did no such thing. Just a short time ago, you accused me of "complaining" about hostility on the internet, and made my comment all about you by assuming that I even had you in mind. In reality, I was simply making a neutral observation about internet user activity, calmly pressing keys on my keyboard. But I'm sure that won't stop you from assuming you can read my mind the next time around, or assuming that my comment has something to do with you.

It doesn't take credentials or connections to understand that the DSM undergoes revisions because it's fallible, and the medical community requires updated iterations of the DSM to accommodate for new findings and refined ways of understanding mental disorders.

I'm not going to directly quote thehotelambush because doing so would escalate into a witch hunt by poking him with a notification. You want to find out what his stance on the DSM is, or his stance on psychology is in general? Look through his posting history. You don't want to start a witch hunt? Don't ask me to drop names.

But let's look at a comment made earlier in this thread, that "negativity=negativism."

Was it assumed that negativity was due to contra-flow instinct? No.

Was it assumed that negativity was due to counterphobic traits? No.

Was it assumed that negativity was due to introversion and therefore psychological distance from objective factors, such as conventional wisdom? No.

Was it assumed that negativity was due to depression? No.

Was it assumed that negativity had anything to do with legitimate criticisms? Absolutely not.

Because Reinin is Jesus Christ on a cracker. And Reinin demands that we overlook the general psyche to accommodate for Reinin. Which means that we overlook factors that determine compatibility.

And most importantly, Reinin demands that legitimate criticism be ignored and contorted to conform to Reinin's theory. Because that's the only way Reinin will give us salvation.

You did wrongly misinterpret me. "Too little too late?" Lol.
    Tfw introverts (or really just you) have no concept of the standards for knowledge and communication in society.

You don’t need to ping @thehotelambush to quote them. Remove the name and post tag. It’s not hard, Mr. Information Security. Or you can cop out now after making your accusation towards him.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfw introverts (or really just you) have no concept of the standards for knowledge and communication in society.

You don’t need to ping @thehotelambush to quote them. Remove the name and post tag. It’s not hard, Mr. Information Security. Or you can cop out now after making your accusation towards him.
    Well, at least you're being forthright by pinging him. He and I have already had this discussion, but whatever.