Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
I think that different types having different qualities and strengths and weaknesses thus attracting you to want to get closer to them in varying degrees is part of the basis of ITR.
I think that there are perhaps people that you "naturally" get along with or don't get along with, although we don't quite know why. But it would be interesting to try to figure that out. I think that for the most part, it's because you're similar to them in some ways, and perhaps therefore strengthening tribalism.

I don't think you can quite smugly say that "Well I, as a free-thinking Socionist, can see all the patterns of human behavior and therefore I'm above it all, but for the rest of those unthinking fools, their behaviors are determined perfectly by Socionics and ITR. But not me."

People are also free-thinking agents that are actively determining their own choices, whether you believe in Socionics, or not. And hence, I don't think that human behavior is exactly predictable in such ways.

And so here's an interesting thought: Does having the knowledge of Socionics (and other psychological theories) change the behavior in humans?