Thread: Socionics Causes Pain

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is true that Socionics tends to present duals as being the only completely "good" relationship, and every other relationship falls off from that point to one degree or another. But it also describes the ITR's pretty well, and a person who is looking for good can easily find it.

I started my Socionics education from a condition of complete ignorance. I thought every person was a special snowflake and bore no predictable similarities to anyone else.

When I discovered Socionics, I began to realize that people do fall into definable categories, and this made the people around me a LOT more predictable, which made me feel more "in control" of the situation. I no longer felt as if I would find gravity reversed in the next room I entered.

I gradually came to see that the inter-type relationships predicted by Socionics were, by and large, also true, but conflict was not inevitable if space was given to the other person. I also discovered that, while I get along very well with all the duals that I have met IRL, all duals are not all sweetness and light. I also came to understand that my normal (Delta-learned, Beta refined) approach to women was so skewed that my duals were repulsed by me. Which was quite a valuable lesson.

For a while, after examining some now better-understood difficulties I had with out-of-Quadra types, I considered the advantages of building an all-Gamma shop, but quickly rejected the idea because other Quadras bring advantages to the table that Gamma does not have.

I think I'm aided somewhat in getting along with people by being LIE. I'm not out to change anyone and I tend to view people as being useful (needed for some reason) or not. This means that, while I'm kind of unfeeling and unsympathetic, I can see every type as being valuable, as having useful virtues, and as being worthy of my respect.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 12-29-2018 at 04:15 PM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    When I discovered Socionics, I began to realize that people do fall into definable categories, and this made the people around me a LOT more predictable, which made me feel more "in control" of the situation. I no longer felt as if I would find gravity reversed in the next room I entered.
    I’ve always been fairly sociable and charming due to Fe HA, but Socionics has enhanced it and has helped me out a LOT here in terms of confidence. I’ve basically been able to enter and survive in high society in a completely different cultural context because of it.

I gradually came to see that the inter-type relationships predicted by Socionics were, by and large, true, but conflict was not inevitable if space was given to the other person. I also discovered that, while I get along very well with all the duals that I have met IRL, all duals are not all sweetness and light.
    Agreed on this, and the all types being valuable stuff.