Thread: Help UDP find a Major / Job Idea ( formerly "INFp")

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help UDP find a Major / Job Idea..... ( formerly "...I

I am curious as to why people keep saying I'm INFp. What exactly is it that makes you say that? What conclusions are you drawing, and why? Serioulsy. You too, Gilligan. I know you're foaming at the mouth over this one. Actually, I'll just put this as a new thread in What's My Type, as well.

Let's have all the cards out on the table here. I'm making some big decisions lately, so lets here what you have to say about me and my type. Again.

Also, any possible job/ major ideas/suggestions are welcome.
    note: I will not work on films, or with my 'emotions'.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon
    This is just a thought and you dont have to take it too seriously or anything but ever thought of working in the performing arts, maybe as a filmaker, or working on the set of a production etc?
    This is a very interesting thought...UDP...Your interests seem INFp, even if your process is INTj. From your postings, I could see how the performing arts may be appealing. 'Course I have know idea how one actually gets a paying job doing that sort of thing.

(Note: not that the performing arts are just for NFs...I'm just mentioning it because your posts seem so NF in terms of interest and wanting to drop something that's too impersonal and doesn't have enough feedback relating to what matters to people)

It's interesting that people may have multiple types depending on what aspect one is looking at....I.e., INFp in the interest sphere, INTj in the thinking process sphere, or whatever....suggests maybe that people have multiple types at different levels simultaneously.

Please --- what are my INFp interests?

((I want to know what you all think, because maybe I'm giving off the wrong vibe to my advisors and stuff))

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Sorry, I didn't mean to contradict your understanding of your type. That's why I noted the possibility that your interest sphere is similar to INFps, but I didn't say you necessarily are an INFp.

The reason people keep saying INFp is because you've said some things you talk about in this thread involve getting interested in Eastern philosophy, being disillusioned by a cold, scientific career, not knowing which direction to go in, and a number of things that sound like INFps I know. But that doesn't mean you're an INFp. In fact, it's probably more characteristic of just a thoughtful person in college trying to figure things out.

It's not that all of those things couldn't apply to any other type, it's just that the overall picture sounds like INFp or possibly INTp.

As far as film and art, and that sort of thing, there are lot of NTs into that, so being an INTj doesn't mean that you couldn't be into it. However, if you're not, then it's out of the question, 'cause that's a real tough field to break into.
    I have been considering INTp a lot lately. But I do like ESFjs more than ESFps. That is for sure.

And no, I will never work in "the arts". I like photography, and maybe that's it. But NEVER performing, or drawing, or anything like that. NOW, I don't mind Arranging things to be beautiful -- but that is related to funcionality for me. I just re-arranged my bedroom and it is so much more an effecient use of space -- it was a very rewarding process.

The reason people keep saying INFp is because you've said some things you talk about in this thread involve getting interested in Eastern philosophy, being disillusioned by a cold, scientific career, not knowing which direction to go in, and a number of things that sound like INFps I know.
    I was not "dis-illusioned". I thought I stated it here, but apparently I have not: the reason for my departure from physics is this: my main vision for the future and world has shifted. I spend more time thinking about how to make the world work better than I do on physics. My focus has shifted, and I realized that over this summer. I should have changed my classes during add/drop, but I still wanted to give physics a shot -- to see if it would reall catch my interest. But it has not. It has just further confirmed that my main area of interest -- what I think is most important -- is elsewhere.

A lot of my concepts are very much related to the higher levels of mathmatics and physics. Bio and chem and the sciences are all realated, and I could actually have a satisfying career in those... IF I wanted to go down that road. But I see a greater need elsewhere.

For instance, if people don't know how to manage this world,
    then it really doesn't matter how much technological advancement we make. So I am interested in how to sustain and improve this world, and allow for advancements in the future.

Perhaps ironically, I am taking a "sensor-esque" perspective about things.... but I would not say 'it isn't "INTj" ' to think that the structure of the world needs to be improved.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(mods, I think this belongs in "anything goes", at this point).

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A straight-on facial shot with as little obstruction, expression, or facial hair as possible would be a great asset to this thread.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shall I put on a cap or something to keep the hair out of my face?
    and the experession?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.