Thread: Thoughts on Jordan Peterson

Hybrid View

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

After some thought I think that Jordan Peterson is a cult leader, but a positive or benign cult leader depending on who you are. For a specific audience like young males, he is potentially beneficial, but for others outside of that target audience, he likely comes across as useless or annoying. I wouldn't say he is a negative cult leader as I envision someone like Jim Jones fitting into that mold as an extreme. Of course, there is more to this, but I am overgeneralizing.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    After some thought I think that Jordan Peterson is a cult leader, but a positive or benign cult leader depending on who you are. For a specific audience like young males, he is potentially beneficial, but for others outside of that target audience, he likely comes across as useless or annoying. I wouldn't say he is a negative cult leader as I envision someone like Jim Jones fitting into that mold as an extreme. Of course, there is more to this, but I am overgeneralizing.
    Sx/So = cult leader
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

wheres the cult tho

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    wheres the cult tho
    He has a big following online mostly. He does draw in big crowds for his lectures too.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He has a big following online mostly. He does draw in big crowds for his lectures too.
    yeah but calling him a cult leader is a little bit extreme?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    yeah but calling him a cult leader is a little bit extreme?
    I was being partly facetious because some people like to call him that. I consider him as someone with enough charisma to attract a social following. Some would consider that being cult leader, others would not. I am not going to debate the semantics of that because I agree with your point. Regardless of whether he is one or not, I don't see him as someone that is negative.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5