Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
You know the funny part is that I actually have done magic mushrooms. But I don't see the relevance of this statement.

Did your mind break down reality into its constituent parts? Maybe you don't have the proclivity for awakening experiences. Suffering is also a prerequisite as impetuous to see reality and your part, or non-part, in it.

As to the the relevance, much of Peterson's more exotic ideas are so obviously apparent in the psychedelic state. Chaos and order, even though they are not his to begin with, are one such example of something readily apparent in this state. so are all the rest of his rules, like clean your room and sit up straight. Both of which become, painfully obvious in this state.

Everything he says in the 12 rules are learned through trial and error over the years. There are shortcuts and his opinions are one of them.

Congrats on your mushroom trip, I think lots of people would benefit from them at least a few times in a life time. I'm not sure there really is anything that could bring you closer to the spiritual realm and into direct contact with the spirit.