Thread: Thoughts on Jordan Peterson

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have not done magic mushrooms you dont get to comment on Peterson.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddup View Post
    You know the funny part is that I actually have done magic mushrooms. But I don't see the relevance of this statement.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    You know the funny part is that I actually have done magic mushrooms. But I don't see the relevance of this statement.

Did your mind break down reality into its constituent parts? Maybe you don't have the proclivity for awakening experiences. Suffering is also a prerequisite as impetuous to see reality and your part, or non-part, in it.

As to the the relevance, much of Peterson's more exotic ideas are so obviously apparent in the psychedelic state. Chaos and order, even though they are not his to begin with, are one such example of something readily apparent in this state. so are all the rest of his rules, like clean your room and sit up straight. Both of which become, painfully obvious in this state.

Everything he says in the 12 rules are learned through trial and error over the years. There are shortcuts and his opinions are one of them.

Congrats on your mushroom trip, I think lots of people would benefit from them at least a few times in a life time. I'm not sure there really is anything that could bring you closer to the spiritual realm and into direct contact with the spirit.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did your mind break down reality into its constituent parts? Maybe you don't have the proclivity for awakening experiences. Suffering is also a prerequisite as impetuous to see reality and your part, or non-part, in it.

As to the the relevance, much of Peterson's more exotic ideas are so obviously apparent in the psychedelic state. Chaos and order, even though they are not his to begin with, are one such example of something readily apparent in this state. so are all the rest of his rules, like clean your room and sit up straight. Both of which become, painfully obvious in this state.

Everything he says in the 12 rules are learned through trial and error over the years. There are shortcuts and his opinions are one of them.

Congrats on your mushroom trip, I think lots of people would benefit from them at least a few times in a life time. I'm not sure there really is anything that could bring you closer to the spiritual realm and into direct contact with the spirit.
    This isn't exclusive to psychedelic drugs...he's made no secret of being influenced by spiritual/religious traditions. I particularly liked the way he described self-development: even if you don't know what you should be doing with your life, at least you can come up with some things that you shouldn't be doing. Then, you try to fix those things one at a time, and if you fix, say, ten, or a hundred of them you might get somewhere. This is exactly how Sufism and any kind of deep spiritual development works. It's pretty sad that there are so few people publicly advocating for this kind of thing right now.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    This isn't exclusive to psychedelic drugs...he's made no secret of being influenced by spiritual/religious traditions. I particularly liked the way he described self-development: even if you don't know what you should be doing with your life, at least you can come up with some things that you shouldn't be doing. Then, you try to fix those things one at a time, and if you fix, say, ten, or a hundred of them you might get somewhere. This is exactly how Sufism and any kind of deep spiritual development works. It's pretty sad that there are so few people publicly advocating for this kind of thing right now.
    Sufism works by discovering what you shouldn't be doing? I think that's a huge generalization of Sufism
    Deriving from the poems of Mewlana (Rumi) it's mostly about becoming one with the beloved (or god)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess I qualify.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I guess I qualify.
    Yes. If not then its difficult to blur your eyes when you look to him, you would only come at it from rationality, which is where are the NTs are getting tripped up.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If you need drugs to fully understand a person, well, that's red flag number one. Drugs enhance things in the best of the interpretations of their use. You should still "get it" without em', but they just make "getting it" better. Like if you pair the right beer or wine with a matching meal or delicacy. Both are awesome on their own, but together they're even better!

If you need a drug to make something palatable, well, that can't be good. From both ends to be honest.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    If you need drugs to fully understand a person, well, that's red flag number one. Drugs enhance things in the best of the interpretations of their use. You should still "get it" without em', but they just make "getting it" better. Like if you pair the right beer or wine with a matching meal or delicacy. Both are awesome on their own, but together they're even better!

If you need a drug to make something palatable, well, that can't be good. From both ends to be honest.
    whats with the foodie references..? Right right Im Si so like this relates to my mind like wow i like get it.

What even IS the collective unconscious? What is even IS the sacred female? What even IS good and evil?

All empty philosophies if you have not had direct visceral and naked experience with the conceptualization and what they are pointing to. Otherwise you might as well go jerk off in whats her faces thread because its all empty intellectualizing.

As to red flag not for me at all if I cant trust you in this state to be cool and connect on that deepest level possible that only really real love can bring, or the unfettered and raw psychedelic state, then buh bye. I need to look into your eyes and see the One reflected back and me. I can tell Peterson has “been there” for christ sakes look at the man. Everything everybody else does is just rehashed bull shit and fake as fuck.

Fucking eh get on the journey and dont give me that weak sh*t. Lets eat something from the Earth and fucking slit a sheep throat and howl at the moon like the animals we are. Mushrooms are hardly a hard core drug.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default begone with post-Stone Age artifice, says the man via the computer/internet

whats with the foodie references..? Right right Im Si so like this relates to my mind like wow i like get it.
    Lets eat something from the Earth and fucking slit a sheep throat
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    I see no true irony here. The internet age was 10,000 years in the making. Go join the adbusters magazine team with this weak millennial irony bull shit.ha

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default null

I see no true irony here. The internet age was 10,000 years in the making. Go join the adbusters magazine team with this weak millennial irony bull shit.ha
    A millennial using "millennial" as a slur.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one-trick pony believes that the Russia-Ukraine war was caused by "wokism". Lol.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He's tangential as fuck. I hate listening to him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Is that the guy that tells boys and men it's okay to be an Alpha male? As if Alpha males have a need to be told that!

His view on life is one for cry-babies.
    You know, I hear alot of men claiming to be "alpha males" these days. Ignoring how awkward it is to see people explicitly claiming to be "alpha males". The very concept of there being an "alpha male" is not even consistent with how human male social heirarchies typically function... male dominance is based mostly on who or what is useful at a given moment. And male status fluctuates very rapidly and very drastically. It is not based on immutable characteristics. You might be completely worthless in a car shop, for example... in that context you are a beta male. Then when you're at work... you might be an alpha male, if you're the most competent person at your job you probably are. And male social status isn't that defined by relationships, either.
    Female dominance heirarchies are based on immutable characteristics and do not fluctuate nearly as rapidly. And they're typically based on things such as attractiveness and long lasting social ties...
    Put simply the very idea of inherently being an "alpha male" is cuckery as you are striving to fit yourself into a female social hierarchy and a feminine way of thinking about your social status.
    Last edited by cR4z3dr4T; 03-27-2019 at 03:03 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Peterson is just too fckin' tangential

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He isn't on an all-meat diet; it's an all-beef diet. The Inuit culture have a mostly-meat diet; they get enough nutrients because they eat raw meat from a variety of different animals. They also ingest animal skin and organs, which are rich in vitamins and healthy fatty acids.