Thread: Zooey Deschanel

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's some kind of Alpha NT. I'm leaning toward ILE at the moment, but just slightly. Ne-LII (specifically C-LII) might also be possible.

Her humour in this interview with Craig Ferguson seems very much Alpha NT to me:

"She's your sister, you know."
    "She's my s-- what?!"
    "She's on that 'Bones' show."
    "She's on Bones, oh..."

That strikes me as irony-laden Ne humour transmitted by subtle Fe variations in tone of voice.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's gamma SF.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    The girl from the progressive insurance commercials reminds me of her.
    Heh, that chick is hella ISFp.

I lean Beta on Zooey Deschanel as well. ISTj probably.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, ISTj. That woman annoys me btw. But whatever, its also a commercial, thus depriving me momentarily of my visual and auditory entertainment.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I'm inclined to agree with Krig, she seems ILE to me. Far too lighthearted, open, and casual to be an LSI, IMO; she's not at all restrained, and gives the impression of being a bit "all over the place."
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Zooey is SEI-ISFp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll make my case:

--------------
    Check out this interview, where she's actually being herself for a change. Note her prudish behavior, "contained" quality, and overall lack of Fe.

for easy comparisons, you can check out this actress, who I think is IEI-Fe:

-----------

- Look at her eyes and the way she smiles:

Compare:

http://socioinfo.ru/index.php?option...ask=view&id=42

- Compare with ISTj female eyes. While Fi-Te eyes "absorb", Ti-Fe eyes sort of "jump". They also tend to ooze sexuality(Mimosa Pudica/Monica Bellucci), which is not Zooey's case.

http://socioinfo.ru/index.php?option...ask=view&id=36

----------------

Check out the guy she's getting married to. IMO, pretty clear-cut Gamma NT (intuitive subtype most likely. ILI-Ni > LIE-Ni):

("frightened look")

----

Some quotes that portray her overall outlook on life(source):

People say: "Oh yeah, jobs for the boys". I wish. You`ve got to fight even harder with a family like mine.

I don`t really like to go out very much. I`m not scandalous. I`m not, like, in this to be famous. I also find it so embarrassing when you read about people and it`s like they were so trashed at Skybar and stumbling around. I don`t want to be that person. ..

I`m blessed with a lot of energy and stamina. I can`t stand sitting still. I went to a spa once with my mom and I was like, "Get me out of here!`"

I don`t want to be a babe. I don`t want vanity to ever get in the way, because I think to maintain that, you have to be aware of yourself all the time, and that gets in the way of acting. My job`s not to be the beautiful person. My job is to be the best a...

Pretty down-to-earth and straight forward.

----------------------

Gamma SF sensory subtype is likely, IMO.
    Last edited by xkj220; 11-21-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: new links

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I think Zooey is SEI-ISFp.
    Yeah, I think so too. SEI as a typing seem to be a real blind-spot here. Same as Katy Perry.
    LII?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post

Compare:

ISFO (???, ISFJ)

- Compare with ISTj female eyes. While Fi-Te eyes "absorb", Ti-Fe eyes sort of "jump". They also tend to ooze sexuality(Mimosa Pudica/Monica Bellucci), which is not Zooey's case.
    That site does not seem reliable. I only checked Alicia Silverstone (who was the first in that list) and she is definitely not gamma SF. If anything, alpha SF suits her more. Did not really go through the rest.
    LII?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buckland View Post
    That site does not seem reliable. I only checked Alicia Silverstone (who was the first in that list) and she is definitely not gamma SF. If anything, alpha SF suits her more. Did not really go through the rest.
    i don't know shit.
    Last edited by xkj220; 11-21-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't know shit.
    Is there more to that?
    LII?

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll make my case:

--------------
    Check out this interview, where she's actually being herself for a change. Note her prudish behavior, "contained" quality, and overall lack of Fe.

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.
    Interestingly, that video was one of the ones I watched before concluding she was probably Alpha NT.

Some quotes that portray her overall outlook on life(source):

People say: "Oh yeah, jobs for the boys". I wish. You`ve got to fight even harder with a family like mine.

I don`t really like to go out very much. I`m not scandalous. I`m not, like, in this to be famous. I also find it so embarrassing when you read about people and it`s like they were so trashed at Skybar and stumbling around. I don`t want to be that person. ..

I`m blessed with a lot of energy and stamina. I can`t stand sitting still. I went to a spa once with my mom and I was like, "Get me out of here!`"

I don`t want to be a babe. I don`t want vanity to ever get in the way, because I think to maintain that, you have to be aware of yourself all the time, and that gets in the way of acting. My job`s not to be the beautiful person. My job is to be the best a...

Pretty down-to-earth and straight forward.

----------------------

Gamma SF sensory subtype is likely, IMO.
    I really see nothing in those quotes inconsistent with Alpha NT. She doesn't go out much -- Alpha NTs are famous for their aversion to typical "party" situations. She doesn't want to "be a babe", which to me indicates weak Sensing, and an acknowledgement in her difficulty in maintaining a "beautiful person" look. And the "full of energy and stamina" quote could indicate ILE > LII, though I'm still undecided on that.

I certainly can't see her as SEE, at any rate.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Interestingly, that video was one of the ones I watched before concluding she was probably Alpha NT.

I really see nothing in those quotes inconsistent with Alpha NT. She doesn't go out much -- Alpha NTs are famous for their aversion to typical "party" situations. She doesn't want to "be a babe", which to me indicates weak Sensing, and an acknowledgement in her difficulty in maintaining a "beautiful person" look. And the "full of energy and stamina" quote could indicate ILE > LII, though I'm still undecided on that.

I certainly can't see her as SEE, at any rate.
    I can see now that she does come across as ILE, i don't know why I thought LSI, she certainly doesn't have as a polr function. And, the people that came up with SEI are a bunch of idiots and know nothing of Socionics whatsoever.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I can see now that she does come across as ILE, i don't know why I thought LSI, she certainly doesn't have as a polr function. And, the people that came up with SEI are a bunch of idiots and know nothing of Socionics whatsoever.
    Yet again, I don't see how insults leads to correct typing. I am open to her being ILE, it's just that I have yet to see anything from anyone here that points away from SEI. Have you seen the interview above your post? Especially towards the end of the interview, her type really shines through.
    LII?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xkj, are you comparing her to SEI or ESI? This is ESI, and this is SEI, just for clarification. I wasn't sure if that's what you meant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xkj, are you comparing her to SEI or ESI? This is ESI, and this is SEI, just for clarification. I wasn't sure if that's what you meant.
    Are you sure? Maybe I mixed them up..

Is there more to that?
    Not really.
    --
    If she's not gamma sf, she's alpha nt, like Krig has expounded.
    Last edited by xkj220; 11-21-2009 at 04:57 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, СЭИ translates to SEI and ЭСИ translates to ESI.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, СЭИ translates to SEI and ЭСИ translates to ESI.
    Indeed. Good call, polikujm. You truly have good attention to detail.

Strange... now I wonder what this means, because if I'm not mistaken again, it says "ISFJ" on the "СЭИ" and "ISFP" on the "ЭСИ". Is this referring to MBTI or what ?

Then maybe buckland was right and these galleries are not reliable because this woman, is definitely an ESI. And this one. And this. ISFp is ridiculous.

EDIT: It seems so. Apologies, buckland. I've exchanged the galleries in my post to another ones. My bad; should have checked them better. The rest of my rationalization stands.

Another thing; she's not the same type as Katy Perry, who is LSE. Looking superficially similar to someone is not the same as VI-ing like someone.
    Last edited by xkj220; 11-21-2009 at 09:10 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you are an ILI. If you'd stop VIing people you'd be perfect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed. Good call, polikujm. You truly have good attention to detail.

Strange... now I wonder what this means, because if I'm not mistaken again, it says "ISFJ" on the "СЭИ" and "ISFP" on the "ЭСИ". Is this referring to MBTI or what ?

Then maybe buckland was right and these galleries are not reliable because this woman, is definitely an ESI. And this one. And this. ISFp is ridiculous.

EDIT: It seems so. Apologies, buckland. I've exchanged the galleries in my post to another ones. My bad; should have checked them better. The rest of my rationalization stands.

Another thing; she's not the same type as Katy Perry, who is LSE. Looking superficially similar to someone is not the same as VI-ing like someone.
    I don't VI anyone, just does not seem to work. Facial mannerisms are useful though, but again a single photograph is not enough. In this case (Katy Perry and Zoe Deschanel), it is just unfortunate that they look similar as it lays doubt on them both being of the same type, but that's still my opinion.
    LII?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed. Even conflictors can often have similar features, which seems more a matter of genetics than types.
    Another famous probable example of this would be Keira Knightley (ESE) and Natalie Portman (ILI), who look very similar but have vastly different behaviors and expressions
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katy Perry is not likely an LSE... lol. (Where are people getting that from?) A lot of her lyrics sound "emo", and have a lot of Fe in them.

Like these...

Young love's like jumping out
    An airplane riding a tidal wave on an ocean of emotion
    My heart rips me wide open
    I can't stop, don't care if I lose
    Baby you are the weapon I choose
    These wounds are self inflicted
    I'm going down in flames for you
    Baby you are the weapon I choose
    These wounds are self inflicted
    One more thing I'm addicted too
    I wanna hit you just to see if you cry
    say something funny, say something sweet
    but don't say that you loved me

Cause I'm still breathing
    And we've been dead for a while
    this sickness has no cure
    we're going down for sure

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Katy Perry is not likely an LSE... lol. (Where are people getting that from?) A lot of her lyrics sound "emo", and have a lot of Fe in them.

Like these...
    There are two threads about her type here and here if you want to go through the info

Personally I didn't see if right away, but LSE does make a lot of sense. I think people just have a very stereotypical view of what an LSE is (i.e. straight-laced conservative), but there are zany ones too, especially the younger ones, it might be due to HA
    There are even LSE's who like writing poetry too, believe it or not
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet again, I don't see how insults leads to correct typing. I am open to her being ILE, it's just that I have yet to see anything from anyone here that points away from SEI. Have you seen the interview above your post? Especially towards the end of the interview, her type really shines through.
    I would say that she certainly seems more scattered and spontaneous than most SEIs; they can be impulsive, sure, but her general demeanor, moment to moment, seems less laid back, more reactive, like she is constantly shifting frames. She even seems a bit "wound up," a kind of underlying tension, that I would never attribute to any IP type.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Personally I didn't see if right away, but LSE does make a lot of sense. I think people just have a very stereotypical view of what an LSE is (i.e. straight-laced conservative), but there are zany ones too, especially the younger ones, it might be due to HA
    Yeah, but those poetry are more Fe than Te. They are "emotional expressions"... which is Fe.

She even seems a bit "wound up," a kind of underlying tension, that I would never attribute to any IP type.
    Really... I think most IPs are internally tense.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statics more influenced by external states, dynamics more influenced by internal states. Irrationals encountering their state, Rationals ignoring their state. IP can appear normal, but inside is tense. Conversation tries to draw their mood into expression.

IJ is very calm and controlled inside. External influence is their disturbance. IJ is a sailboat, IP is a motorboat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are two threads about her type here and here if you want to go through the info

People were getting this typing purely from watching the music videos and going with that as the typing.
    LII?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed. Even conflictors can often have similar features, which seems more a matter of genetics than types.
    Another famous probable example of this would be Keira Knightley (ESE) and Natalie Portman (ILI), who look very similar but have vastly different behaviors and expressions
    And I am not sure about Keira Knightley as ESE. I don't know what type she is exactly ( quadra comes to mind but don't hold me to this), but ESE just does not seem right. I have not looked up Natalie Portman though ILE comes up quite frequently as her type, but I can't really comment on that.
    LII?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that she certainly seems more scattered and spontaneous than most SEIs; they can be impulsive, sure, but her general demeanor, moment to moment, seems less laid back, more reactive, like she is constantly shifting frames. She even seems a bit "wound up," a kind of underlying tension, that I would never attribute to any IP type.
    Yep, she seems rational. I would say IJ with subtemperament EP. Also, look at the interview I posted; she seems to be "correcting" the guy. It almost seems like Supervision. Could he be SLE (I think he is)? Another thing that might be pertinent is how she "de-inflates" any compliments that are thrown at her, instead of dwelling on them. Perhaps this is related to Fi vs Fe..

Hmm.. this is something I've noticed as well. It's like that many times what one can perceive/is most apparent, is what the person contains in their "Mental Ring", but the "configuration" is not as easy (at least this seems to be my case). For instance; I know an EII (a good friend) that looks like an SLE, and he has been VI'ed xLE. I tentatively agree with both those typings btw.

Maybe you are an ILI. If you'd stop VIing people you'd be perfect.
    Why thank you, polikujm ! I don't know.. I guess I would be a more "real ILI" if I dealt with just empirical, more easily quantifiable things, but there's something about VI that just seems to appeal to my Ni.

Quote Originally Posted by buckland
    And I am not sure about Keira Knightley as ESE. I don't know what type she is exactly ( quadra comes to mind but don't hold me to this), but ESE just does not seem right. I have not looked up Natalie Portman though ILE comes up quite frequently as her type, but I can't really comment on that.
    Look at the first and last specimens here (the trick is the eyes and the smile, and also the facial expressions they make):

Соционика.Соционический практикум - Бальзак (these are supposedly INTps). Compare.

And now for Keira Knightley:

Соционика.Соционический практикум - Гюго (These are supposedly ESE. Look at the last picture in the second row for instance).Compare.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appeals to my Ni too, but I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, aside from a few things here and there. I guess people can continue to type celebrities they know nothing about in this fashion though. Most all of them I've never cared to understand either.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, she seems rational.
    That's not at all what I was alluding to, and I don't see how my statements point to rationality when properly construed.

Zooey Deschanel is most certainly not an ESI.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, she seems rational. I would say IJ with subtemperament EP. Also, look at the interview I posted; she seems to be "correcting" the guy. It almost seems like Supervision. Could he be SLE (I think he is)? Another thing that might be pertinent is how she "de-inflates" any compliments that are thrown at her, instead of dwelling on them. Perhaps this is related to Fi vs Fe..
    Humility, or at least feigning it is not a purely Fi aspect. Alpha SF is not ruled out by that. Yet again, the ones I know tend to do this too (especially when coming from relative strangers) though deep down enjoying the compliments anyway.

Look at the first and last specimens here (the trick is the eyes and the smile, and also the facial expressions they make):

Соционика.Соционический практикум - Бальзак (these are supposedly INTps). Compare.

And now for Keira Knightley:

Соционика.Соционический практикум - Гюго (These are supposedly ESE. Look at the last picture in the second row for instance).Compare.
    I don't use/know how to VI. There is a lot of information lost when all you use are photographs. Keira Knightley has tonnes of interviews online, and I have just looked through a few and she still does not give an ESE impression.
    LII?

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keira Knightley is ESTp.
    The end is nigh

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Keira is probably EIE. More of an Fe ego, than say Ti.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh right due to her being a girl and a celebrity and not debate-y intellectual like.

Okay, it's an off day for her, but I get Se vibes from this video bad.
    The end is nigh

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how the male gender or unpopular people or intellectual people can't be EIE. I can tell she's fairly intellectual, unless you're referring to something specific.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes you think ENFj, poli?
    The end is nigh

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought she was some Beta NF.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Zooey Deschanel

Type her!

SLI

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was just a thread on her last month.

LSI.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast