Thread: Trauma and effect on type - personal musings

Hybrid View

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    No but I’m pretty sure you made that comment just because I’m Asian lol. I teach English as well btw and I write and translate/edit academic and official documents in English for work.

It wasnt misplaced. I was literally just wanting to make the comment that people playing make believe or pretending is to an extent natural and doesn’t just happen on forums like these but in IRL too. It wasn’t to contest what you said, but to add to it to broaden the perspective on the issue. There may be some people doing it unhealthily as you later brought up but that’s a different issue. Reread the conversation and you’ll see I was simply following you were saying and doing this.
    I'm not impressed.

The point is that I think it's pathetic to fake your persona based upon stereotypical reasoning. You think it's a way to better ones self. I disagree. What a flat understanding one must have of personality to consider it useful.

Also, about the asian bit. I wasn't commenting on your driving skills.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    I'm not impressed.

The point is that I think it's pathetic to fake your persona based upon stereotypical reasoning. You think it's a way to better ones self. I disagree. What a flat understanding one must have of personality to consider it useful.
    It’s too bad you had to act like an insulting, neurotic little bitch to finally get your point across after all this time, after changing your stance multiple times too.

I don’t think it’s bad or unnatural, up to a point mind you if it also comes with self-awareness. “Fake it till you make it” is a thing for a reason. However, it’s probably true that most people on the internet who are doing it in a way that stands out as unnatural are probably doing it unhealthily.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    It’s too bad you had to act like an insulting, neurotic little bitch to finally get your point across after all this time, after changing your stance multiple times too.

I don’t think it’s bad or unnatural, up to a point mind you if it also comes with self-awareness. “Fake it till you make it” is a thing for a reason. However, it’s probably true that most people on the internet who are doing it in a way that stands out as unnatural are probably doing it unhealthily.
    I think it's funny that you're arriving at this point contradicting yourself and while not sharing my sentiment that such actions is pathetic but rather saying it's unhealthy. Also, I was not insulting until you were, takes two to tango. My stance never changed, but since this conversation is done through quotes, it will be clear to all who read it that you eventually did. This gives me great pleasure. Thank you.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    I think it's funny that you're arriving at this point contradicting yourself and while not sharing my sentiment that such actions is pathetic but rather saying it's unhealthy. Also, I was not insulting until you were, takes two to tango. My stance never changed, but since this conversation is done through quotes, it will be clear to all who read it that you eventually did. This gives me great pleasure. Thank you.
    Nope. Read it again.

Really no reason for you to have gotten all moody, negative and shitty towards me.