Quote Originally Posted by Venus Rose View Post

I think I understand what you are trying to say, but I still think Ne is related to having a "broad knowledge base." Speaking of myself, specifically, I cannot follow an interest if it is only further repetitive, with the main pattern(s) not changing at all. That sounds extremely dull and uninteresting. Ne users do seek out several different interests, which contributes to their "broad knowledge base" - even if it isn't "deep" as you claimed - though I would argue that Ne is complemented by other function(s) that certainly deepen the understanding to a satisfactory level for the Ne user.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree...

But yes, repetitiveness sounds really dreary and is probably an anathema to most Ne users. I just can't do it. I can't. I cannot follow something if it doesn't interest me anymore. Perhaps SX is involved in this as well (not because I am SX dominant, or anything like that, but because the Sexual instinct is often the "driving force" if you will, when it comes to what many people spend most of their energy on, in general).
There is a difference between knowledge and fan facts.

Just because you visited a Auto parts store and learned about your engine doesn’t make you knowledgeable in automechanics.

This is what squark is alluding to. Knowing a little bit of everything doesn’t make you knowledgeable in everything.