Thread: Since the Introverted Dual is so Often Passed Over by the Extraverted Dual~

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even look. Just skimmed to grab a couple things which was plenty enough to demonstrate. I also brought in information that has been tested that is outside of socionics. So, if it's true (and it is) that people are happier in relationships with others who share their own degree of openness, then either openness (and the facet of openness involving intellectual curiosity) is not Ne, or socionics has relationship dynamics all wrong. Either answer is fine with me.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    ... So, if it's true (and it is) that people are happier in relationships with others who share their own degree of openness, ...
    @squark, do you have a link?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @squark, do you have a link?
    You can start HERE The sections on work groups, strangers and friends, and marriage and family all have information about relationships,

and then there's several pages of references at the end of the chapter where you can look through actual studies and also use those as jumping off points to find more information as well. Or if you'd rather, just a google scholar search brings up quite a few studies.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even look.
    Sigh

Just skimmed to grab a couple things which was plenty enough to demonstrate. I also brought in information that has been tested that is outside of socionics.
    *slow clap*

They weren’t related to Socionics claims at all.

I noticed you were careful to no longer try directly repeating your previous claim that Ne has nothing to do with (intellectual) curiosity.

Oh but we can just forget about that and move on.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Sigh
    Because within seconds I was able to prove the premise incorrect, there was no need to go any further.

They weren’t related to Socionics claims at all.
    They are directly related to the claims that hotelambush is making. Directly. I'm sorry you're unable to see this.

I noticed you were careful to no longer try directly repeating your previous claim that Ne has nothing to do with (intellectual) curiosity.

Oh but we can just forget about that and move on.
    Nope. I'll repeat it right here. Ne has nothing to do with intellectual curiosity. Any type can have intellectual curiosity, and it's found in different degrees within individuals of any type, and among all of the types of the socion.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because within seconds I was able to prove the premise incorrect, there was no need to go any further.
    Lol did you set a timer?

They are directly related to the claims that hotelambush is making. Directly. I'm sorry you're unable to see this.
    No, they arent. Because they aren’t related to your or other claims on Ne. I guess you can’t show me or others how in a few seconds?

Nope. I'll repeat it right here. Ne has nothing to do with intellectual curiosity. Any type can have intellectual curiosity, and it's found in different degrees among all of the types of the socion.
    “Nothing to do with” contradicts “found in different degrees”. I’m sorry you’re unable to see this.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I clarified my post as you were quoting it because I knew you'd misinterpret it otherwise. And you did. I said earlier, and I'll say again, one Ne lead can have more or less intellectual curiosity than another Ne lead, so yes "found in different degrees." This is not saying that Ne types are more or less intellectually curious than other types which is how you're reading it.
    I didn’t misinterpret you, you explained yourself wrong the first time and had to go back and correct your post.

I notice that you didn’t answer or comment on any other of my comments about your flawed/lacking arguments and my touching upon your flippant way of responding to some others in spite of them.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@squark BTW, I was even kind enough to paraphrase your words for you. What you actually said was “Curiosity has nothing to do with Ne”. Which I disproved with source Socionics material and succinctly explained how and why it does seem to directly have to do with it. Within “seconds” you could say lol.

You have your opinions, I guess. They aren't backed up by anything though.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure each function is curious in its own way. There's plenty of stuff I'm curious about but I'm not sure if I'm an intellectually curious person, unless the subject matter happens to align with my interests. I can imagine any type being curious.